Network Solutions DNS Servers Down - impacting WAMAS

Origami

This post will be of little use to those that can't reach WAMAS right now. I'll see if I can send out a bulk email.

The DNS servers at Network Solutions, our name registrar, appear to be down and it's affecting many, many, many sites, including WAMAS. NS is aware of the problem and is (I guess) working on it. There is no expected time for them to fix the error, though. So we wait....

I'm able to make this post because the address is cached in my Internet Explorer, but cannot get to WAMAS from Firefox.

Must be OK using tapatalk on android

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I noticed that you were posting. I also can get in using Tapatalk. Network Solutions' facebook page is non-stop now with customer complaints.

Update from Network Solutions via their Facebook account:

"Network Solutions is experiencing a Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attack that is impacting our customers as well as the Network Solutions site. Our technology team is working to mitigate the situation. Please check back for updates."

Yeah, I noticed that you were posting. I also can get in using Tapatalk. Network Solutions' facebook page is non-stop now with customer complaints.

So its just you and me in here?? PARTY!!

Firefox, brand new laptop setup today with no cashe history of WAMAS here.

Firefox, brand new laptop setup today with no cashe history of WAMAS here.

R.I.P. Mac book...

Still down for me on Firefox. Some users are reporting that their sites are coming back up.

My issue with Firefox is cleared. For some reason, it was trying to connect using system proxy settings. Cleared the check box and now connecting. That was probably the error at my end and the updates are working their way through the system.

I think that the blackout lasted about 30 minutes for some. We seem to be back up now. (That bulk email actually arrived in my email AFTER we were back online. That really did a lot of good....)

Have you looked into using CloudFlare or a similar service for if/when DNS resolution fails for the site, it can display a static page to that effect or serve a recently cached version?

R.I.P. Mac book...

*Pours one out.* I wish it was mine. It's an office piece, for another department. <sigh>

hey guys!

"Heeeeey yooooooooou guuuuuuuuuuuuuuys!"

Lol im here too.!! havent had a problem all day

Not as VIP as we thought!

Have you looked into using CloudFlare or a similar service for if/when DNS resolution fails for the site, it can display a static page to that effect or serve a recently cached version?

No. We should or look for some sort of redundancy. This doesn't happen often, so we might have to balance cost and benefit.