Nano led recommendations?

hawkfish01

I have a regular 10 gal nano tank,rimmed..can anyone give me an idea if a good light for thus tank? Either strip or clamp(kessil,etc) .i have about $85 to play with..willing to do used if in good shape,etc..I have favia blue "xenia" frogspawn hammer gorgonia chalice gsp colony...needs to be shielded or high enough for splash safety for lidless use... Thx in advance

I was lookin at finnex ray 2,fluval reef nano( even though out of range)...if i get par 38 how many would i need??

Depends on the dimensions. I used to have one on my current acrylic cube which is 12x12x12 and one par 38 was more than enough. However I put it on my 18x18x18 acrylic cube and ended up needing at least 2-3 because of the spot light effect.

Tank is standard 10 gal rimmed,10"deep to bottom 20" long...currently has mostly lps....at the moment....

Full dimesions are :10" wide front to back,20" long,10" deep top to bottom...would this tank need 1 or 2 par 38's....

Lights is the most important equipment to grow corals and its a one time investment. If you go cheap now, you will eventually buy the more expensive unit and end up paying more overall.

• 2 weeks later...

I was lookin at finnex ray 2,fluval reef nano( even though out of range)...if i get par 38 how many would i need??

I'm new to saltwater but I'm using a finnex ray 2 24" on my 15 gal (12" high) and it seems to be doing a great job.  I'm only keeping sofites and a couple LPS but they are all doing well.  The light is very bright and has a sleek design.

Evergrow d120...if there is another group buy. You could use it over the 10 now and it would also still be useful if you ever switch gears

• 2 weeks later...

Evergrow d120...if there is another group buy. You could use it over the 10 now and it would also still be useful if you ever switch gears

It would be a great light... but possibly Overkill. lol... JustKeepTheDimmerDown??? lol

• 3 months later...