How high is too high for TDS.

epleeds

I am waiting for my new resin to show up but I was wondering at what TDS should I stop making water and wait for the new stuff to arrive?

Mine was just really high. 50. I have no tds meter so had the water tested after battling random algae. Come to find out my membrane was bad

courtesy of my sweet S4

I always stopped making water and changed all my filters at 4 though i really don't like it higher than 2. With SPS, I generally hear anything more than 0-1 is unacceptable. Though you'll need to weigh that against your actual water quality (NO3, PH4, etc.). If your NO3 is getting high and you absolutely must have a water change, may be better to do the water change with 4 TDS than to continue with high NO3.

Thanks. It was at 5 and I thought that was going to be too high. Hopefully it won't take more than a few days to get my order.

Am I correct that everyone has large RODI Reserviors (and some even have large pre-mixed salt reserviors) at all times?

The TDS out of my rodi is below 2,

but I had someone test my containers, and its almost 30

I didn't realize that RODI had a "shelf life"

or does enough aggitation keep the containers TDS low?

I hove containers that I only use for RODI....never have I had TDS build up...

Though I have separate containers for mixing...I wonder if that's the problem? Have you ever mixed in that container...

Am I correct that everyone has large RODI Reserviors (and some even have large pre-mixed salt reserviors) at all times?

The TDS out of my rodi is below 2,but I had someone test my containers, and its almost 30

I didn't realize that RODI had a "shelf life" or does enough aggitation keep the containers TDS low?

I keep about 50+ gallons of RO/DI on hand and another 40 gallons of pre-mixed salt water.

RODI doesn't have a shelf-life, per se. But, bio films can form in on the container, fed by gasses and airborne debris entering the water. This can result in nutrients piling up in the water. When I begin to see this happening in my storage containers, I know that it's time to empty them and give them a good cleaning before returning it to service. (On occasion, you'll come across containers that can leach stuff back into the water. You want to avoid those by using something tried and true, something that's food grade, or taking some other approach that helps you to protect against this.)

My ro/di coming from my brute smells like cat pee. I've heard that is from the resin. Is that possible?

My ro/di coming from my brute smells like cat pee. I've heard that is from the resin. Is that possible?

Mine does as well.  I don't know why either.

EX: If incoming water is 200 TDS and out going water is 10% or greater TDS, then it's time to change the prefilter and the carbon cartridge. If TDS is greater than 5% of incoming, change the DI after changing prefilter and carbon.