High quality image hosting?

Anyone know a good service for high quality image hosting? After I upload my pics on photobucket they look terrible. I read even if you pay for the pro package the links are still compressed. I don't mind paying a monthly fee. I just want high quality and IMG link coding.

A lot of pros use this:

http://www.smugmug.com/

You can get away w/ one of the lesser packages as you don't need ecommerce to sell any of your photos...though that would be cool if there's a market. 50MB max per image. I think that's plenty... :)

Photobucket is also not good because they tend to change their directories often, which leads to "image not found" errors you see often...Even though I use it for embedding here though I may stop that soon and choose something else.

Thanks! They are a little more clear on my computer and always a little dissapointed after I uplaod them. I was messing around with flickr last night but could't figure out how to get all the [/img] codes. Photobucket allows you to select a bunch of images and then gives you all the code at once so you don't have to copy and past each image code.

Thanks! They are a little more clear on my computer and always a little dissapointed after I uplaod them. I was messing around with flickr last night but could't figure out how to get all the codes. Photobucket allows you to select a bunch of images and then gives you all the code at once so you don't have to copy and past each image code.

check out their help section. flickr is no help like that. folks have complained for years but it's part of their "community guidelines." you cannot get IMG code linking as it doesn't not take the viewer back to the flickr site. every link provided must generate a path back to flickr site or you can manually do each one (not efficient) at all. if you find a better site than photobucket, let me know. sometimes i'm uploading to pbucket and i max out an album even though i have a pro account. this is really annoying after selecting all the photos i've wanted to have to do it all again. there are a lot of small problems with pbucket that upset me time to time as well. interested to hear about your solution. i've very close to just hosting everything on my server, asking a bud to implement "aviary" for basic editting which is all i ever do if not done post processing, and call it a day. if you can't pay someone to get it right with a pro account might as well make it yourself, right?

I hear ya. I'll probably stick with Photobucket for now and the coding options are so easy to use for bulk images. I looked all over the net and it doesn't seem that there is another site out there that will give me the bulk codes and no compression. I rather have the compression then lose the bulk coding.

I've used this on my own server if you know a bit of coding....

http://galleryproject.org/

exactly what i was thinking. thanks for the link. gonna have my programmer buddy take a look into implementing onto the server so i can stop wasting money on photobucket for a non-optimal solution.

hey steve, my IT guy told me to check out imgur.com for what it sounds like the ideal solution. cheap and has all the features we are looking for. uncompressed photos with pro account up to 5MB, generate IMG tabs for multiple photos in album or image drop box at once, mobile accessibility.

DB9iQvd.jpg

That looks like a good place. I think I've heard of it.

Whatever you do and since you guys are making a living w/ this, I would recommend not using Photobucket in the long term. The fact that they are still playing w/ their directories is a bit amateurish. Just look back at some old posts in this forum and you'll see tons of empty image boxes from broken links.

Also keep in mind that all monitors are 72 dpi in resolution. The more resolution you use will just make the picture bigger, which is fine. Resolution only truly matters in printing. Monitors can also affect how your picture looks. Most people don't have their monitors calibrated so chances are, everyone is seeing things just a bit differently then you are.

Just another +1 for imgur. Basically, if you're not hosting it on a gallery2 server, imgur is the place to be.

hey steve, my IT guy told me to check out imgur.com for what it sounds like the ideal solution. cheap and has all the features we are looking for. uncompressed photos with pro account up to 5MB, generate IMG tabs for multiple photos in album or image drop box at once, mobile accessibility.

DB9iQvd.jpg

Awesome thanks!!!