jimlin's 75 gallon

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks guys. more progress. purchased cs102 overflow, mag 5 return pump and setup the lights. next is to buy some boards for inside the stand so i can mount stuff on. 20130505_210102_zps632d70ca.jpg20130505_210119_zpsc2526eaa.jpg

20130505_210119_zpsc2526eaa.jpg

Uh, just a hint...

Those algae scrubbers will work better if you mount them inside the tank. :tongue:

The display looks real clean. Are you going to paint the back? Or put some plastic on it? What are the black boxes that are attached to the side of the sump?

not going to paint it, just leave it as is so that the tank can get some natural sunlight. the plastic things are two upflow algae scrubbers. seen it on lafishguy and decided to give it a try.

I'm hoping I'll cake the back of my tank with coraline, Or GSP. Looking good, you aquascaped yet?

no aquascaping yet. i spent the majority of time doing the wiring. i also took out the foam in the stand and replaced it with wood. also lined the bottom of the stand with liner just in case i get an accident. i flipped the sump around so that i will have an area for a future refugium if i need one. still waiting for the screen for my reactor so that i can use biopellets. hoping to see this thing wet by the end of the month.20130512_173017_zpsca9a60b2.jpg20130512_173050_zps9831ff0f.jpg

doh, bought a used cpr cs102 overflow and it dont work. just ordered a glasshole 1500 overflow. wondering what else can go wrong. 2 out of 3 aqua lifter went bad after the shipment.

yup, hopefully the movers crate this tank. only reason i did not go with the glassholes is because of future moves.

Yes you can drill with water in the tank....you will want to lower the level,lol

Inside to out? As long as your hand and drill fits in....just be careful not to apply to much pressure.....

totally off topic...is that a plumeria tree (frangipangi) outside the window??

that is my favorite scent in the world....lol...we have a lot of them that we keep in containers up here and bring in for the winter....in florida we planted them all over...

successfully drilled two 1.5" holes today. i am very happy with the glasshole overflows. it is surprisingly quiet. rescaped the tank and it is officially up and running. i know i just set this thing up, but on monday in memory of those that have fallen during times of crisis, i am going to purchase some fish.

i only used 25% of the box of dried rocks i got from my buddy. wonder if i should just throw the left over ones into the ocean.

Buying a fish Monday sounds like a plan! Good day to dedicate a new home!

I wouldn't put the dry rock on the ocean...just list it on Craigslist and I'm sure you'll get someone who wants it...or seeif your LFS would take it in trade?

yup, should have drilled a long time ago. added a small piece of live rock to seed the rest of the rocks. loves the shimmering look the kessils put out. purchased a eheim 1262 return pump, but still not sure if i should continue to use the mag 5 or the eheim.

post-2633282-0-14464700-1369517295_thumb.jpg