Where's Homer

Huly

Homer_zpsff55144f.jpg

Protecting his rock! I give him Sea Veggies (green) once or twice a week depending on if we have done a large cleaning on the aquarium. Otherwise he eats the algae off the rocks but he sucks me in as he will sit as his empty nori rock and give me dirty looks (hence the name Homer as he reminds us of Homer Simpson "Doh"). He seems to like the green Sea Veggies and I am trying to get him and Dorrie to both eat the Red Sea Veggies (mixing green and red) but so far the answer is still No green only. Any other idea what might be a good nutritional veggies for Dorrie and Homer? (Hippo Tang & Lawnmower Blenny)

Thanks!

Have you tried frozen peas yet? I've fed that to my foxface, trigger, and tangs before. I dont' know if it has any nutritional value or not but they love it.

Have you tried frozen peas yet? I've fed that to my foxface, trigger, and tangs before. I dont' know if it has any nutritional value or not but they love it.

Oh wow never heard of doing that! I will have to try it! Maybe Pez will eat the rest of the bag or it will take awhile to get through the bag as I hate green peas YUCK! Peas are good for humans and furkids so I assume vitamins and nutrition would be similar. Can you use fresh or frozen only?

I have used thawed out frozen whole ones as well as dried split peas that I soaked overnight. The split peas work good for smaller mouths. Back in the early 90's I didn't know about Nori so I fed blanched romaine and peas. It is a mild laxative so don't feed this solely as the only food. Some pellet makers list peas as an ingredient . I have read articles where feeding peas can help with swim bladder and constipation issues. http://www.freshmari...quilibrium.html

I have used thawed out frozen whole ones as well as dried split peas that I soaked overnight. The split peas work good for smaller mouths. Back in the early 90's I didn't know about Nori so I feed blanched romaine and peas. I have read articles where feeding peas can help with swim bladder and constipation issues. http://www.freshmari...quilibrium.html

I have recently heard about people soaking foods with fish oil (for their fish) or other nutrients, etc. I wonder if peas would be a good way to do that?

Peas are very high on the nutritional scale. Lots of vitamins and minerals. Found that thawed out is less wasted and mash some up in your hands or use some kitchen item for the smaller fish.

Mmmmm garlic soaked peas!

Garlic and melted butter pan seared snow peas, baby carrots and thin strips of various squash with a little bit of sea salt.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm good. We make it at the girl friends restaurant.

Peas are very high on the nutritional scale. Lots of vitamins and minerals. Found that thawed out is less wasted and mash some up in your hands or use some kitchen item for the smaller fish.

Awesome Thanks!

Garlic and melted butter pan seared snow peas, baby carrots and thin strips of various squash with a little bit of sea salt.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm good. We make it at the girl friends restaurant.

YUCK YUCK YUCK

Now black eye peas cooked with a ham hock for hours YUMMY!

Now black eye peas cooked with a ham hock for hours YUMMY!

I'll bring a big old iron skillet full of cornbread if you're cooking the peas...YUMMY

boy the red sea veggie has been a major fail in my tank....has yours taken to it yet?

That is a big NO! Homer was slightly picking at it last night while giving me dirty looks then he went off to scavenger for something better. Dorrie says have a nice day not going to happen!

I'll bring a big old iron skillet full of cornbread if you're cooking the peas...YUMMY

LOL I am from SC I know how to cook southern style and if I don't my mom does :)

yea same here..a bit disappointing actually

Agreed I thought they would like something different and new. I need to try the purple and see what they do.

Ewwwww beans are soooo gross! (They are the only food thing I don't eat) real peas...the green kind that Huly won't eat (I think she mentioned her aversion to green vegetables the other day,lol) I would love..

And the only thing I use ham hocks in is when I make greens... Mmmmmm

Ewwwww beans are soooo gross! (They are the only food thing I don't eat) real peas...the green kind that Huly won't eat (I think she mentioned her aversion to green vegetables the other day,lol) I would love..

And the only thing I use ham hocks in is when I make greens... Mmmmmm

Can't stand the green ones YUCK! Black eye peas are another story along with lima beans!

Ummm is there any other way to make collards?

People up north don't know how to cook greens...they boil em in broth,lol

EWWW Yuck but they also don't understand sweet tea or grits!

First time I have ever traveled North I went from SC to Rhode Island and Boston. I asked for sweet tea and I received hot tea with sugar cubes on the side ?????????? I was dumbfounded

Oh man, my mouth is watering. I'll bring the hot pepper sauce and chow-chow (not the dog). I'm pretty sure I can resurrect my deep frier and make some fried okra too.