can anyone guess what this is on my fish? i bet no one can!!

pizzaguy

th_VIDEO0042_zps116c77a5.jpg

take your best guess before i reveal.

click the pic its a video

ora ultra picasso. can you see the white stuff on the fish in the video?

about 30 minutes before i took this video this fish came up missing. so i gazed in the tank for about 8 minutes, no luck. got the ladder checked the overflow, no luck. after about ten minutes go by i pulled the doors to my cabinet and he was laying in the middle of my stand covered in dust bunnies not breathing. so i threw him in the tank just to make sure, upside down like a popsicle blowing in the current. about 2 minutes later hes moving. and now about 2 hours later he dusted himself off and seems fine. good ol' rimless tanks for you.

the adventures of nemo part 4

I have yet to have a jumper, there is always time for a first! Glad you found him/her, would have been an expensive jump.

Haha, oh man. Glad you caught him in time. Neptune should release a jumper detection mat for their Apex.

yep, no doubt.

Looked like he was covered in velvet from head to toe.

ive had a fish jump right in front of me...much less dust on him though,lol

i had just finished vacuuming and the vibration against the tank made him jump,lol

I'm really debating what to do. I don't wanna lose any fish especially ones that cost as much as these clowns. I know the right thing to do but it totally and completely defeats the purpose of a rimless tank and my entire build. Is there where I should insert the saying " do or die, literally". If the shoe fits I guess.

Get an acrylic builder to make you a frame out of clear acrylic and put clear mesh in it, then hang it inset into the rim with little metal clips. Maybe the marineland ones for their cubes would even work.

Ive been there to many times... I love my rimless, but ive lost a bunch of fish, and had others jumped while I was there.. I have a top on mine now and its pisses me off everytime I look at it. No matter how nice your top looks, its killing the true beauty of a rimless tank. In my tank future I would probably only do rimless on a frag tank. Ive lost way to much money in carpet surfing fish.