Bubble Tip Anenome

Delphinus88

Give it chunk of raw shrimp or silverside. Drop food by it's tentacles and it take it in by itself. Don't force into the mouth. Looking good!

2-3 times a week

Edited by flooddc

Drop food on the outside tentacles, it should stick to them. Cheers.

Give it chunk of raw shrimp or silverside. Drop food by it's tentacles and it take it in by itself. Don't force into the mouth. Looking good!

2-3 times a week

i am not sure you need to feed a nem that often....and you need to be sure the pieces are rather small because whatever they don't eat they will spit out and it rots very very quickly and can tank your parameters pretty fast.

i'm going to go against the grain of most advice here and say you really need to leave the nem alone and not feed it. it's a new addition, it is adjusting. if it's moving, it hasn't found it's "happy spot" yet. one thing at a time. if you try to feed and overfeed that is energy it does not need to waste. you need to allow it to settle and get "comfy". then you can begin feeding SMALL portions as it relates to the size of the specimen. it likely won't take food in its present state and if it does will likely get spit back out. best of luck!

Edited by monkiboy

i agree 100%

that tank was way too new for a nem and it needs to just settle in and not be bothered at all.....i am sure it will given time.

Ok sounds good. When will I know it is time to feed it? It has been in my tank for 2 weeks and had not had any food.

well for starters when it stops moving around. that's always a good indication of it getting settled and satisfied with its location for light, flow, etc. after it stays in it's spot for two or three weeks, you can start with small amounts in relation to the size of the specimen and see if it readily accepts. do not force food onto it rather let it accept it and take it from you. you want it to elicit the proper response not retraction because of a threat. after a while and success with this, you'll see it will become more fun to watch it accept and will go after food more aggressively when presented. then you can start with slightly larger pieces. you'll figure it out. all this being said, your nem does not require anything other than a proper mature tank with excellent water quality and sufficient lighting to thrive. you do not have to feed it. folks do because it's fun to watch, they tend to grow faster and/or split when one does feed their nem. this is my experience with several nems over the years and what i have read as well. keep us posted. pardon the block of text.

• 2 months later...

Ya I never had any success on BTA in a tank uder 12 months.  If it doesnt work out you could try bubble corals,  they have worked for me in newer tanks.