Skimmer help

YHSublime

Recently picked up a aqua euro 135, and I am having some trouble adjusting it. It's broken it, Here is a picture of how I'm setting it up. There are little bubbles getting blown around my display tank now. Came out this morning to find it overflowing. So here is how it is, what am I doing wrong?

03-09-2013110906AM_zpsbd8278f3.jpg

Water level in the skimmer sounds like it's too high. Dial the height back some.

Here's the manual for the classic 135.

I just set my skimmer up after waiting on replacement pump and it still hasn't re-broken in...it can take days...patience my friend

Adjust very slowly as well. Move it just a little then wait maybe 5 mins, etc...

+1... I like to wait a good 5-10 min between adjustments. Also things like new epoxy and additives can make skimmers go nuts... I am leaning towards possible break in, but more to needing adjustments

I've made the mistake of chasing a skimmer. As everyone said just wait and don't make too many changes at once. Also I see we went to the same art school.

Water level in the skimmer sounds like it's too high. Dial the height back some.

Here's the manual for the classic 135.

Thank you! Found it, but it's very vague.

It had a vinegar bath but was running for a year before that. Give me a call if you want I can help you get it dialed in.

Thanks man, I think it's just a patience thing, like its mentioned below. I looks to be doing better...

+1... I like to wait a good 5-10 min between adjustments. Also things like new epoxy and additives can make skimmers go nuts... I am leaning towards possible break in, but more to needing adjustments

Yeah, did that as well, it's just a feeling it out thing it looks like.

I've made the mistake of chasing a skimmer. As everyone said just wait and don't make too many changes at once. Also I see we went to the same art school.

I spent hours on that, I didn't know there was so many classicly trained artists on WAMAS!

lol... me too.!!

Another one!

• 2 weeks later...

I just set my skimmer up after waiting on replacement pump and it still hasn't re-broken in...it can take days...patience my friend

I replaced the impeller in mine and had to do another break in period. No clue why, but it is what it is.

I think it's my skimmer that is sending a stray voltage through my sump, I get a tingle every time I put my finger in the water, turned it off and no problems. Will have to take it out tomorrow and have a look (even though I have no idea where to start.)

I think it's my skimmer that is sending a stray voltage through my sump, I get a tingle every time I put my finger in the water, turned it off and no problems. Will have to take it out tomorrow and have a look (even though I have no idea where to start.)

time for another skimmer!

If you had just bought a brand new skimmer in the first place, then you wouldn't have to be going through all these trials and tribulations with used 'bargain' skimmers.

Buy it right the first time.

With all the free corals you've picked up, you could've traded your way up to a new skimmer....

I don't think there is anything wrong with recycling used gear. Often in this hobby people upgrade and have perfectly good equipment for sale that will operate for years to come.

Time for a new pump maybe, but the skimmer body is probably still in great shape.

He got the skimmer from me and its under the 1 year warranty so he should be in good shape.

Thanks for sending all the info, reaching out today!

I don't think there is anything wrong with recycling used gear. Often in this hobby people upgrade and have perfectly good equipment for sale that will operate for years to come.

Time for a new pump maybe, but the skimmer body is probably still in great shape.

I agree with you 100%.