Barry's 300 double D

Hey everyone. I figured I'd make a tank thread to update changes along the way. I upgraded to this from a 150DD and moved everything over Christmas Eve once it was finished cycling.

-marineland 300 dd starphire with Monterey stand/canopy

-3-- nova a6 led fixtures

- flow is 3 tunze 6125 and 1 6145

-skimmer is a SRO 6000sss

- return pump is a 4100gph reef octo pum

- misc tunze ozmolator, BRS dual reactor, 20 long plumbed in with the sump as a fuge

Stock

Blue hippo, show size blonde naso,unicorn, purple tang, chocolate tang, tiny tomini, pair of Picasso clowns, some chromis, cardinals, two pistol shrimps,

Corals

Since I recently lost almost all of my sps for reasons I still can't figure out its missing a lot of what I've been growing for almost 2 years

I do however have a lot of different zoas. Some regulars some a little more "fancy". A couple branching digi's(shocker they lived). A couple big neon green toad stools. Pretty large pagoda cup. 4 clams. And some others. 2 years into this hobby is say I'm hooked. (Pics to follow)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry about your losses recently. Good to see it hasn't happened your enthusiasm...get some of those pics up :)

Where on earth did you find a piece of tonga branch that big????????

• 3 months later...

Theres a lot in there but the whole back of tge tank is ope for swimming room for tge big fish. Mostly the sohal and barienne explore back there. But it gives them their space

courtesy of my sweet S4

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, what a nice tank. I am always happy to see the big tanks that don't look barren. Yours is stuffed - I love it.

I like the rock work also. Like how most of it only goes about half way up for some good swimming room. Roughly, how many pounds is in there?

(edited)

I like the rock work also. Like how most of it only goes about half way up for some good swimming room. Roughly, how many pounds is in there?

I yhink there is about 150 pounds. Maybe a little more thats minus the 50 pound piece of tonga branch.

courtesy of my sweet S4

Edited by 08can-am