Barry's 300 double D

I would screw eyehooks into the floor joists / roof truss that are above the tank. No reason to have it fall in the tank. I think we found out they are not waterproof...right Isaac :tongue:

Agreed, but if you really want to learn your way around the fixture, break it!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you have some cool stuff in there...... love to see more pics!

Is it the picture, or why is it so cloudy :blink:

So how did you end up hanging the fixture?

I like the way your reorganization of the rock went, nice growth!

For the first time in 2 years i can see everything

Told you it's nice!

I cut the top of the canopy and its resting on there. I feel better about that than trying to hang in canopy. Its about 10-11" off the water this way

I feel better about this as well... for now.

Cant wait to see more pictures!

nice looking tank.  Have you thought of cutting the whole in the tank a little wider and then hanging the light from the ceiling and just having it inside the canopy?

I never added that a couple of weeks ago i sold my picasso clowns and added in their place a little school of clowns. 6 Platinums and 4 picassos. So far they sleep together in one of my 2 pagoda cup ls and stick pretty close together. f945241da667b623fa97c0e996f14279.jpg124f9a6d817d282fe74ea63ea0fe35ca.jpg

Clowns still kicking it? I love that! I've got 4 nems in my tank, maybe I should give this a go!

• 2 weeks later...

Clowns still kicking it? I love that! I've got 4 nems in my tank, maybe I should give this a go!

The clowns are all hosting nems. Ill try to get a photo but where they are its hard to see. So far so good

Thanks guys. The same guys that built my bar top tank built this. Im very happy with it. Built in heater holders on th baffle with cord keepers.

courtesy of my sweet S4

You have a bar top tank?

I never added that a couple of weeks ago i sold my picasso clowns and added in their place a little school of clowns. 6 Platinums and 4 picassos. So far they sleep together in one of my 2 pagoda cup ls and stick pretty close together. f945241da667b623fa97c0e996f14279.jpg124f9a6d817d282fe74ea63ea0fe35ca.jpg

Love this 2nd picture!

So with your light resting on the canopy, how are you getting into the tank for maintainence?

Love this 2nd picture!

So with your light resting on the canopy, how are you getting into the tank for maintainence?

The canopy flips open from the front so its wide open inside.

You have a bar top tank?

Yes our kitchen and living room is divided by a oversized counter (bar) so we had a glass tank built to fit there. 6' x 10" x 10". I thought i had a thread on here for that tank

Love this 2nd picture!

You have a bar top tank?

Yes our kitchen and living room is divided by a oversized counter (bar) so we had a glass tank built to fit there. 6' x 10" x 10". I thought i had a thread on here for that tank

Do you have to remove the light every time still?