You know you're a fish geek when.... (Awesome news for fish lovers)

L8 2 RISE

So how soon till Copps has one of those

they should breed them

I say baby steps. I want to see one offered for sale in the US! I don't expect that will happen for a long time though...

So exciting! I was wondering how much longer it was going to take before they caught some more. We need more high rollers in the US so some of those rare high-dollar fish can come here instead of disappearing in Japan! Group buy anyone?

These are the first peppermints to go to market in over a decade... :) For those interested I spent a week in Japan with Koji two months ago diving and checking out tanks... I have many more photos to post, but here is the thread to check out... I can guarantee one (at least) of those peppermints is going into the doctor's office I show in the thread...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2253772

John

I gotta wonder-

just because they were caught at a certain temperature, doesn't necessarily mean they can survive at warmer temps for long periods of time. I'd hate to see such rare fish be slowly cooked in a reef tank just because someone has to have one.

I was thinking more of the light exposure ... there has to be a tremendous difference in the intensity of the sun at 100m vs. the bright lights that we put on our reefs. What will the long term affect be on them if they are kept in any tank with lights?

• 2 weeks later...