Acropora colonies are Here!!!

johnnybv

Finally made it down today and wow was it worth the drive, even with all of the tolls. (what is with Virginia and all of the tolls?)

Picked up a jaw dropping colony, a small frag, and some of Jan's Reef Blend. Seriously folks if any of the colonies above even make you mildly curious, go take a look, as John said the pictures just do not do them justice!

And when I got home I found out I was lucky enough to get a colony with one of the acro crabs! Really cool but it means I'll be quarentining it rather han dipping so I don't hurt the crab.

Those crabs are just cool. My dad got a colony from brk a year or two ago and the little crab is still going strong.

Edited by CaptainRon

And when I got home I found out I was lucky enough to get a colony with one of the acro crabs! Really cool but it means I'll be quarentining it rather han dipping so I don't hurt the crab.

If you use CoralRX for the dip, the crab will fall off very early on. Grab it out of the dip and put it in some clean water, it will be fine. The dip doesn't kill them but stuns them if you take them out early.

Make sure you have the good crab and not the acro eating crab. Both are the same general shape and size. The good guys are white with a black bar across the face. The bad guys are tan and tend to have blue/green eyes.

Man, I wish BRK was still only 30 minutes from me!

He's a safe one Coral Hind, looks exactely like you describe.

And I drove an hour and 20 minutes to get to BRK Chad, totally worth the drive. Gotta try and get a picture of the colony today or tomorrow and get it posted. I cannot wait to get it into my DT.