90 gallon rimless

Muddy357

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using the waveline 3000 for my 30 gallon and it is awesome. Very sturdy built. Whisper quiet and that's no exaggeration. Not to mention the convenience of the 10 minute feeding feature and how it ramps back up slowly when the 10 minutes are up. I give the pump 5 stars so far.

Not this tank it is a custom built tank. I will double check tonight when I get home to verify but when I took the plumbing that came with it to BRK to get bulk heads it was 2 returns that are 1/2 inch and 2 drains that are 3/4 inch.

I was the original owner of the tank and I still have the bulkheads and plumbing. It was 3/4" PVC to 3/4" locline for the returns and I used 1" drains for the herbie style drain. I'm not sure what plumbing was used after I sold the tank to Amuze. The stand looks great, and you'll really enjoy the tank. I know I did.

Well I picked up the return pump yesterday at the meeting and I got the sump today so it is almost time to start this tank up!

LOL yes Git-R-Done..... Well I am now trying to decide if I should have the fuge section of the sump in the front of the stand or turn the sump around and have it in the back and have the skimmer/return pump side in the front? Any thoughts

yea, but eventually your going to need to take the cup off and clean it. if its all the way in the back and hard to reach you will kick yourself for putting it in a place that is hard to get to even though you might only take it out once a month.

Good point I will play around with it some more and try and figure out which way works best.

Yeah, definitely position thing to make the most frequently accessed items easily available. If it's not, eventually you'll end up putting it off more than you should.

At least you will if you're a professional procrastinator like me :)

I am going to be using one of the new Waveline DC5000 pumps for the return.

Guess what the DC6000 !!!

The real improvements of the two new Waveline DC pumps is in how they can be controlled. The controller now includes two RJ45 jacks to bypass native controller with aquarium controllers such as the Apex, ReefAngel etc. The 1st RJ45 as acts as a master input and the 2nd RJ45 jack outputs the slave signal. So multiple Waveline pumps can be controlled by one master controller. Additionally, the IC chip is removed from the pump body and integrated to the controller which allows for more seamless upgrades and integration in the future.

The new controller features a display and you will be able to adjust RPM speed thru a dial instead of a static pre-program 6 speeds. There is also a USB slot to use attached peripherals such as float switch on skimmers or photo sensor for night mode. RLSS will show off the next generation of their DC pumps at the Global Pet Expo in Orlando and the DC 6000 and DC 12,000 are expected to retail for $239 and $349 respectively, and individual pump specs are posted below. [RLSS]

Read more: http://reefbuilders.com/2013/02/04/waveline-dc-6000-12000-pioneering-dc-pump-major-upgrade/#ixzz2KjkUXgzG

Guess what the DC6000 !!!

The real improvements of the two new Waveline DC pumps is in how they can be controlled. The controller now includes two RJ45 jacks to bypass native controller with aquarium controllers such as the Apex, ReefAngel etc. The 1st RJ45 as acts as a master input and the 2nd RJ45 jack outputs the slave signal. So multiple Waveline pumps can be controlled by one master controller. Additionally, the IC chip is removed from the pump body and integrated to the controller which allows for more seamless upgrades and integration in the future.

The new controller features a display and you will be able to adjust RPM speed thru a dial instead of a static pre-program 6 speeds. There is also a USB slot to use attached peripherals such as float switch on skimmers or photo sensor for night mode. RLSS will show off the next generation of their DC pumps at the Global Pet Expo in Orlando and the DC 6000 and DC 12,000 are expected to retail for $239 and $349 respectively, and individual pump specs are posted below. [RLSS]

Read more: http://reefbuilders..../#ixzz2KjkUXgzG

freaking cool! I do believe a pump like this will make closed loops come back.

freaking cool! I do believe a pump like this will make closed loops come back.

definitely. It will be some time before they become available... I believe May timeframe but from all early indications, they are not making the controllers available for the pumps "for awhile". Not sure why, but this is what we were told when inquiring about the release timeline. Hopefully, when the time draws near, this will not be the case and they'll make both available at the same time.

LOL yes they are! I will be doing the plumbing and mounting the lights next Saturday as well as doing my aqua scape and then start filling it with water on Sunday.

haha I am not looking forward to the long wait for the cycle but I am excited to get this tank rocking.

So far equipment list for this build.

36x24x24 Rimless tank reef ready tank with starfire glass sides and front

Custom made stand

Custom 30 gallon sump with built in fuge

Skimmer is MXC/SWC (Marine Solutions) 160 skimmer

Avast ATO

2 D120 evergrow LED light fixtures

Waveline DC5000 return pump