90 gallon rimless

Muddy357

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL yes I will add pic's as I get more stuff done with the tank as of right now I do not have time to work on it till next weekend.

I ordered the fuge light today so the only piece of equipment left to get is a skimmate locker from avast.

Just curious about the skimmate...Do you need that for a 90 gallon? I'm curious....

Just curious about the skimmate...Do you need that for a 90 gallon? I'm curious....

Yes it will be for the 90 gallon. I do not need it before the tank can be started but it will go on in the next couple of weeks.

The reason Im asking about running the swabbie, is if your not going to run a swabbie with your locker, your skimmer will not be as effective unless you plan on cleaning it on a regular basis (every 4-5 days). If your NOT running the swabbie with your skimmer, then the need for a locker, In my opinion, is a waste of money, because you still have to clean the skimmer every 4-5 days, which defeats the whole purpose of getting a locker.

But the purpose of the locker is to have a cool looking container to hold the fish poop. That and the ability to have the skimmer shut off with the autoshutoff feature in case the skimmer decides to puke all over the place. That alone could be worth a gallon jug of skimmate!

The reason Im asking about running the swabbie, is if your not going to run a swabbie with your locker, your skimmer will not be as effective unless you plan on cleaning it on a regular basis (every 4-5 days). If your NOT running the swabbie with your skimmer, then the need for a locker, In my opinion, is a waste of money, because you still have to clean the skimmer every 4-5 days, which defeats the whole purpose of getting a locker.

The swabbie is for cleaning the neck on a regular basis which in turn keeps the efficiency of the skimmer at optimum levels. IF you clean your skimmer once a week, then you don't need the swabbie. If you want a safety feature that prevents an overflowing skimmer from dumping concentrated fish poop back into the sump, get a skimmate locker.

LOL be patient I will be doing all of the plumbing and rock work Saturday and then it should be full of water by Sunday night. pictures will be up soon.

No worries I hope someone is willing to help me out I am comfortable doing the plumbing myself since I flooded my upstairs the last time I plumbed a tank.

I have finished my aqua scape but am unable to load pic's for some reason. I will try and post pics later tonight.

Here is a pic of my aqua scape.

rock scape

And I have the tank half full of water now with about a 2 inch deep sand bed.

Here is a pic of my aqua scape.

And I have the tank half full of water now with about a 2 inch deep sand bed.

Drill holes in your rock now that you may peg some corals later at odd angles.

Well the tank is officially up and running. I still have some fine tune work to do in the sump because there are a lot of bubbles coming from where the drain is, but never the less LET THE CYCLE BEGIN!!!!!!!!