Gotta Love FedEx

Big Country

Got a bucket of salt delivered from FedEx today, the bucket was totally destroyed. Luckily it's Red Sea Salt and there is a inner bag to hold the salt so I didn't lose much, would have been a real mess with IO or RC

post-1516-0-23030600-1358611408_thumb.jpg

Edited by Big Country

That's pretty funny. Could they even have used the handle to carry the bucket? I'm guessing that damage happened on the truck. Since it would have made such a mess, they probably would have put it in a box or something at the distribution center before letting it go further into their system. This assume logical thinking which absolutely positively NOT guaranteed overnight (or any other time)...

That's pretty funny. Could they even have used the handle to carry the bucket? I'm guessing that damage happened on the truck. Since it would have made such a mess, they probably would have put it in a box or something at the distribution center before letting it go further into their system. This assume logical thinking which absolutely positively NOT guaranteed overnight (or any other time)...

They repackaged it in a large box. Somehow the bag held with a big point of the broken bucket poking a hole in it.

Email whoever you got it from and let them know. I had the same thing with an order from Fosters and Smith and they replaced it free of charge.

Email whoever you got it from and let them know. I had the same thing with an order from Fosters and Smith and they replaced it free of charge.

I emailed them and sent a picture, I didn't lose much salt so I wasn't worried about it but wanted to show them what FedEx did. I also told them that the buckets are thinner walled than the IO buckets and the BRS shipped the Red Sea buckets packaged in a tight fitting box to protect them. They said they would forward my email to their shipping department.

I emailed them and sent a picture, I didn't lose much salt so I wasn't worried about it but wanted to show them what FedEx did. I also told them that the buckets are thinner walled than the IO buckets and the BRS shipped the Red Sea buckets packaged in a tight fitting box to protect them. They said they would forward my email to their shipping department.

They should send you a coupon or give you a credit of some sort as a way of thanking you for reporting the shipping problem and giving them a chance to fix it before it costs them money and customers.

They should send you a coupon or give you a credit of some sort as a way of thanking you for reporting the shipping problem and giving them a chance to fix it before it costs them money and customers.

I'm not holding my breath, figure I've already got alot out of them with free shipping on 2 buckets of salt. Lady FedEx driver said she's used to delivering buckets and boxes of salt since she has 3 reefers on her route...lol.