Anyone ever been to Aquatic Creations in MD?

jimtony

Just found this place on Google and was wondering has ever been there. Are they the same as Exotic Reef Creations? They have a similar name and are in the same town.

No. They're different (I looked up their business licenses a while back). Someone here, a couple of months ago, mentioned Aquatic Reef Creations, when we took on Exotic Reef Creations as a sponsor. They mentioned that they had a problem with Aquatic RC in the past. Not sure how they are today.

It was a pond store if I remember correctly and his business was going down hill a few years ago. Not sure if its still the same or if he has changed anything.

I have been there a few times: always for plumbing parts (the have a wide selection of bulkheads which usually draws me there if I don't want to wait for one to be shipped). Mostly a pond store. Some, but minimal, SW selection.

Are you talking about the place in Ijamsville? I was there a couple of years ago. There isn't much for saltwater there.

Edited by treesprite

Just go with our sponsor ERC (closer to you and better service)! BTW, but if you want to visit...they have a small selection of fish ($$$) and a very small selection of coral in one tank. They do have lots of Koi if you're into Koi.

I have actually bought a few softies and a couple fish there recently. I go there if I'm driving up to Frederick as it keeps me off of 270 for a much more scenic drive. The selection is minimal, but it's not terrible. They have one big coral tank with maybe 20-30 specimens and about 15-20 SW tanks with the usual suspects. A bonus is there is a fantastic liquor store right next door with one of the better selections of weird beer and better wine than most in the DC Metro area. So if you like reef tanks and booze and you live in the middle of nowhere, this is like a little oasis. :tongue: