What chalice is this?

Amuze

I should know, but I don't. Anyone? Sorry, crappy phone pic. It has bright red eyes which might be difficult to see in my professional magazine quality photo.

post-2631579-0-80378900-1355350002_thumb.jpg

The green spots you see in my pic are not eyes. This one only has 2 eyes on it so far and both are bright red.

There are a lot out there. I remember Sean Frickleton at Aquaco getting huge colonies of high end chalices before they became "high end". He had a mummy eye that was easily the size of a basketball once.

Chalices look really cool. Does anyone have a FTS of mature Chalice colonies? I am curious to see what an 1,000 eyes look like instead of three.

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0293.jpg

DSC_0778.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

Ill try to snag a pic of my miami hurricane, its about 10 in accross not huge but decent sized...probably will be for sale soon to help fund some new fish if i can ever get the new tank up

if you want nuts chalices look at jason fox's new ones (saw them when they came in........never seen colors like that (i know he posted a couple on his vendor forum of reef2reef

Can we not thread jack please? This is a thread to identify the chalice i posted, not a show your chalice thread. Anyone who knows what the chalice i posted is named? Thanks.

Can we not thread jack please? This is a thread to identify the chalice i posted, not a show your chalice thread. Anyone who knows what the chalice i posted is named? Thanks.

Apologize for derailing your thread. Can someone solve his riddle?

The chalice you have is nice but it is not a named one. Do you remember where it came from? To me it looks like one of those Aussie variants that were coming in awhile back.

Thanks, Chris. Picked up locally (lfs). They didn't know either and it took on this coloration over the time I've had it. Once it gets large enough to frag, I'll send a piece your way if you want and we'll see what it does.

Edited by Amuze