Coral Update

Huly

Here are a few photos of our corals. To me they all look to be doing well. Also our fighting conch munches on the cyanobacteria :)

candycane.jpg

Conch2.jpg

DSCN5619.jpg

Elegance.jpg

FrogSpawn.jpg

funnycrab.jpg

Sideshot.jpg

SunCoral.jpg

Torch.jpg

Gorgeous. I love the cute conchs. Their eye stalks remind me of the periscope on submarines.

FTS = Full Tank Shot.

I really like how that Sun Coral is opened up, Christine. It responded well to the Reef Roids.

Gotcha! Yeah I should have done that but didn't think of it. I will get one this weekend and post it on Monday.

The Sun coral loves the Reef Roids but its favorite is krill. One small piece per flower :)

Your tank is coming along nicely. If you ever make it up to the Frederick area, PM me. I have tons of frags that I'll give you if you'd like to try some hardier stony corals, like montpora and birdsnests.

Everything looks amazing. You're doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

We all hit all kinds of bumps along the way in this hobby. The key is to take each issue as a challenge, not a defeat. Turn discouragement into encouragement! Learn from it, move forward, and do it better! Each time you encounter a problem and deal with it, it's another feather of knowledge in your cap.

Go Huly!!!!! Rah, rah, rah...:clap:

Edited by Jan's Reef Foods

Your tank is coming along nicely. If you ever make it up to the Frederick area, PM me. I have tons of frags that I'll give you if you'd like to try some hardier stony corals, like montpora and birdsnests.

Thanks! I was just through there today. I refuse to take 495a so I take 15 to 70. We went to Sunshine Burger in Brookeville MD Best Burger ever

Everything looks amazing. You're doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

We all hit all kinds of bumps along the way in this hobby. The key is to take each issue as a challenge, not a defeat. Turn discouragement into encouragement! Learn from it, move forward, and do it better! Each time you encounter a problem and deal with it, it's another feather of knowledge in your cap.

Go Huly!!!!! Rah, rah, rah...:clap:

Thank you Jan! I am still struggling with the loss of our fish esp the jawfish. I have a hard time walking in any LFS and seeing their fish. Its crazy how attached I got to those two so quickly. I am still looking to the future and enjoying the coral ;) and how well it looks.

Oh BTW since we are fishless at the moment we dosed copeapods again and now we can see them everywhere ;)

• 1 month later...

Tank is looking great! (Pathetically, I didn't notice the lack of fish). One piece of advice: might want to consider containing the GSPs. It is clear from the health of your corals that you've the stability in which the GSPs will thrive and soon spread everywhere. I made this mistake on my 1st tank and it was a constant and losing battle to keep them in check. Consider isolating them to an island somewhere in your tank. Otherwise perfect/Congrats!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Gotcha! Yeah I should have done that but didn't think of it. I will get one this weekend and post it on Monday.

The Sun coral loves the Reef Roids but its favorite is krill. One small piece per flower :)

I have a sun coral too and it does ok without target feeding. Opens up when I feed cyclopeeze or any other coral food. Should I feel bad about not target feeding them? Also, it will hold onto and eat a leaf of seaweed if you drape one over it. But then a fish comes and steals it. Gues you don't have to worry about that.