New Large Tank Build (in Florida)

SteveM

Any option to remote the chiller (basement or at least outside the fishroom)? I wish I had done this in my build. Although my chillers rarely run, when they do they noticably heat the room air beyond the room HVAC capacity and, in turn, warm the water in my sump, fuge, and frag tank (which is measureble and relevant as per the temp on the isolated QT system).

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any option to remote the chiller (basement or at least outside the fishroom)? I wish I had done this in my build. Although my chillers rarely run, when they do they noticably heat the room air beyond the room HVAC capacity and, in turn, warm the water in my sump, fuge, and frag tank (which is measureble and relevant as per the temp on the isolated QT system).

No, I really don't have that option. I do have AC vents in the room, a ceiling fan as well as a fan that can run directly on the chiller if needed. I hoping that will all that and a window in the room it will be okay. I will be running Radeon LED's on the tanks so I really don't think I will even need the chiller, I have it "just in case".

Great to see you back on here again and build looks like it will be nuts

Inlaws still have your 110g tank running strong....i even have your blue table still...

nice plans, its definately goign to make for a great entrance to the room.

Great to see you back on here again and build looks like it will be nuts

Inlaws still have your 110g tank running strong....i even have your blue table still...

nice plans, its definately goign to make for a great entrance to the room.

Good to hear it's still going strong. I may have to hit you up for a piece of that blue table. It was by far my most favorite coral.

Steve,

We should be seeing some pictures of the tank build soon. I assume you got that order of lights and pumps today?

Phil

Yup, got the order today! Thanks! I will be posting pics of the stand build here shortly. Just have to get the pics off the camera.

Got busy on the stand today. Took most of the day but I must say that it turned out great. Tomorrow we will be building the sump stand. Here's some pics of the build.

This is the interior wall that the stand will be attached to. 1/2" PT Plywood.

StandBuild (3).jpg

Stand Base. PT 4x4's

StandBuild (4).jpg

Support legs and corners on and level. That's my buddy Nate cutting the plywood base out in the background.

StandBuild (5).jpg

The top. 2x8's

StandBuild (6).jpg

Top on and secured to the wall.

StandBuild (7).jpg

Completed stand with 3/4" PT plywood on top and bottom. Everything secured to the wall and level.

StandBuild (10).jpg

Nice build

I have one thing I would like to ask u

Are u aware that the pt plywood os copper treated now to cire it not sire if u new that but wjen it gets wet it leaches copper

Just wanted to male sure u were aware of it

Look forward to seeing more pic of this awsome build

Nice build

I have one thing I would like to ask u

Are u aware that the pt plywood os copper treated now to cire it not sire if u new that but wjen it gets wet it leaches copper

Just wanted to male sure u were aware of it

Look forward to seeing more pic of this awsome build

Thanks for the info but I'm not to worried about it. There isn't much PT wood and all of the wood will be painted when it's all done.

Glad to hear u r painting all wood some dont under the tank

This is going to b one awsome tank

Very nice. Who is manufacturing the tank?

Thank you, Coast to Coast is building the tank. The front and left sides are Starfire glass. The back and right side will be painted black. It has an external overflow with 2 two inch drains.

Got word from Coast to Coast that the tank will be shipped out on Oct 5th. Here's a new pic of it with the top on.

Tankphoto3.jpg

Have the sump/quarantine tank stand almost done. Still need to put the plywood on. Sump will sit on the bottom.

DSCN0303.jpg

DSCN0304.jpg

Here is what the acrylic sump will look like.

Sump.jpg

oh momma that looks nice....one day...one day.

How are you feeding the fuge? off the return pump or?? just seeing the socks in the middle compartment and it appears the fuge is higher than the rest.

nice skimmer stand as well, mine were always really cheap (aka left over acrylic piece with a bunch of silicone on the bottom of it.

more importantly, where is the frag tank for frags you will be shipping up here monthly???

oh momma that looks nice....one day...one day.

How are you feeding the fuge? off the return pump or?? just seeing the socks in the middle compartment and it appears the fuge is higher than the rest.

nice skimmer stand as well, mine were always really cheap (aka left over acrylic piece with a bunch of silicone on the bottom of it.

more importantly, where is the frag tank for frags you will be shipping up here monthly???

Yes, the fuge will be fed off one of the return lines.