I need to borrow a large fish trap

Jan

Does anyone have one of these that I can borrow? I need to catch 4 large very smart fish. I don't want to have to tear apart my aquascape.

31cm8r22mfL.jpg

I've tried a small lr and a large mouth Tupperware jug...the lr hold it down...and then I tossed some food in it...it worked and I was able to get a pbt a while ago ....however ...when I went to get it out...he scarred a little by rubbing against the lr...it healed but...yea...if u can think of an alternate way to hold it down it may work if u don't get the fish trap in time

I've already thought of alternate ways. They're not working. I need a fish trap. Tangs and Angels are much smarter than the average fish. Thank you.

I've already thought of alternate ways. They're not working. I need a fish trap. Tangs and Angels are much smarter than the average fish. Thank you.

+1. I made a similar trap and I'm still using it. If I get done in time, you can borrow it.

Try my Invisi-traplaugh.gif. Works on every fish in my tank except the velvet damsel (had to torn down everything to get him). good luck!

here the pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10002234@N07/7711043604/in/photostream

Somebody has young kids in the home.... I recognize the artwork on the walls.

Somebody has young kids in the home.... I recognize the artwork on the walls.

It's all over the house. It was my fist girl's art work. Now 7. The 3 year old will be add some of her soon. So we won't be doing any house painting for some more years.

Try my Invisi-traplaugh.gif. Works on every fish in my tank except the velvet damsel (had to torn down everything to get him). good luck!

here the pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10002234@N07/7711043604/in/photostream

(I've been looking for a new source of condoms). [sorry: 42 years old but going on 12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jan,

Try catching the fish at night(aka with the lights off in the am). Turn on the DAY lights on to stun the fish. It worked for me with a blue hippo and large fox face.

Best of luck!

Matt

Yep, it doesn't work with these fish. I've always caught my fish like this. Tangs and Angels are much smarter than chromis, anthias and the like. These fish wont come out of hiding until they are fully awake.

Jan,

Try catching the fish at night(aka with the lights off in the am). Turn on the DAY lights on to stun the fish. It worked for me with a blue hippo and large fox face.

Best of luck!

Matt

Sink a container in there and put your algae clip in it. Over the course of a few days they'll become comfortable enough to go into it with the algae there to graze on. If you are struggling to find a container that will work properly in there, get one of those critter cages and open the door up. You could even use a 5 or 10 gallon tank and simply clip the algae in there, put a pipe in there for hiding, and then when they swim in you can drop a net over the top. Better yet, get a cheap plastic goldfish bowl and drill some holes in it (go from the inside out if you can to avoid any sharp edges or use a heated screwdriver to melt holes). I've trapped many a fish using a makeshift trap but the key is, no matter how smart they are, you've got to get them accustomed to it. I've gotten many angels by simply putting a clear container in the water and then putting food into it. If they're not too big, just get a large diameter pipe and an elbow, put food into the end sticking out of the water, let the fish swim into it, and then when they're in, put the net in front of the hole on the inside and lift it out. I used this method to catch a blenny many years ago and the hardest part was keeping the tangs and angels out of the way. I used small diameter pipe for the blenny but you could easily use larger diameter pipe to make it work. Fish will squeeze into the smallest opening for food and shelter so I'd use something that is just a little bit smaller than their overall length so they can turn around in it (e.g. a 6" fish I'd probably use 4 or 5" pipe).

I have one (different style)in a box somewhere, you could have it for future considerations.

Where is Laplata Md. How big is the trap? I need the big one 11 1/2" plus.

i have that same trap and a brand new one in the box for sale i bought too many online by accident. but $25 if you pick it up

These really work!

Does anyone have one of these that I can borrow? I need to catch 4 large very smart fish. I don't want to have to tear apart my aquascape.

31cm8r22mfL.jpg

I'll have it back to you by the end of the week. Will you be in my neck of the woods this week;Falls Church, Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Vienna, etc.? I could meet you. Let me know.

+1 and need the trap soon.

I'll have it back to you by the end of the week. Will you be in my neck of the woods this week;Falls Church, Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Vienna, etc.? I could meet you. Let me know.

I'm in Vienna Thursday from 4-5pm. You could meet me at the tank.