Good or bad????

NYfan78

Are these guys good to have or not in the tank. They are super small and noticed them in a rock i took out. So i need to know whether to put them back in tank or keep them out. Ive noticed about 3-5. 458ceb41-8063-cc1a.jpg

I spent a good 30 minutes getting them out of the rock and putting them back in. Thanks guys!!!

These will not get big and the brittle stars do not typically go after fish. The ones that will are the green serpent stars. Brittle stars pose little to no risk to any livestock that you'd typically purchase.

I've got two of them in my tank, never cause any problems I only see them at night. I also have a large green serpent star that got too big and started eating all my snails so it now lives in my sump, he's the sump monster...lol

I have hundreds.... they are awesome, and Dave is right, they won't get big enough to eat your fish...

I have hundreds of them in my tank. What's really fun is teasing them with chunks of frozen food.

Are we suppose to feed them? I never fed mine.

No, they're part of our cleaning crew. They feed themselves.

Are we suppose to feed them? I never fed mine.

Nope. They eat leftover food that falls to the bottom of the tank/in the rocks, etc.

i have thousands, have actually had several come over just for the stars alone.

if they eat fish they would be some TINY fish...biggest ones i have are maybe a 1/2 in to an inch accross...had them for years...

dont feed them anything...great scavangers...and kids like to hold them.