Rob (zygote2k)

Not sure if this is the right spot for this since he technically isn't a vendor, so please move it need be.

I had recently contacted Rob and asked for help on doing a PVC housing structure for the eel I am planning to eventually get.

Rob was on time and ready to go. He answered and explained anything I had asked from past experiences to local vendors. Even gave me some tips about my skimmer (was a bit too wet.)

Set up the pvc housing with rock pillars and re-did the rock work. Couldn't have asked for a better turn out. Rob was a great guy to meet and would definitely recommend him to other members.

Don't let his posts fool you, he's actually a pretty cool guylaugh.gif

+1 for Rob!

UmlvX.jpg

Rob's a great guy, always helpful and full of advice.

Agreed. He has given me very helpful advice on numerous occasions.

Now this isn't exactly how Rob had it, as I switched the two 90s in the middle/right side for 45's but its close.

Updated FTS:

683yk.jpg

Don't mind the herbie drain in the back, I'm working on getting my overflow box shortened.

I'm in process of getting more sand in as well as placing some rock rubble to help cover the pvc openings.

Doesn't look like it but there are alot of little caves and holes for things to hide in and more surface area to to plug frags

Thanks again Rob!

It looks really nice. I would blow out the tube every couple of months so detritus doesn't collect in there. What types of corals are you going to keep?

No idea...since ich wiped out my whole tank..I'd like to know I can keep fish alive first rolleyes.gif

I can't remember if Rob said I should be doing LPS or SPS....

I know I like the look of acros. maybe an anemone or zoas down in front.

So I am open to suggestions..

Don't let his posts fool you, he's actually a pretty cool guylaugh.gif

:biggrin:

I just had to laugh at this. Yes, Rob's both nice and pretty cool. Always willing to lend a hand and very knowledgeable, too.

thanks for the kind words everyone.

Hares- you can grow just about anything in your tank. You could do SPS way up top and everything else all around. I hope the eel likes his new digs.