i need aipstasia

goodreeef

He wont even eat mysis?

i have cbb and he wont eat. Anyone have an infested rock?

That's the worst aptasia infestation I've ever seen!!!!!

Be careful... once you introduce aptasia/majanos in your tank, you might very well end up w/ a tank like the one linked above. Part of the reason why I tore down my 125G. I got so darn frustrated w/ the majanos and weeds.

:blink: That creeps me out! Wow! Wow! Call the guy and ask if you can have one of his rocks but set it up in another bare bottom QT tank! When done throw away/put the rock outside!

i have cbb and he wont eat. Anyone have an infested rock?

I would try harder to coax the CBB into first eating live and then frozen food. Adult brine shimp can be nutritious if they're enriched properly, and most fish find them hard to resist. Mysis shrimp are a great frozen food. Chopped fish, clams, and oysters from the grocery also work well.

Try soaking the food (live or frozen) in a garlic additive like Kent garlic extract. Sometimes my CBB gets finicky, and I find that adding just a drop of garlic extract gets him eating again.

Don't forget that fish may stop eating when they're stressed, and some fish are stressed more easily than others. You may need to rethink your tank inhabitants.

Adding aiptasia rock may keep your CBB alive a little while, but it won't work long term. Even a tank completely overrun with aiptasia like in the post above will only keep your CBB fed for several weeks before she eats them all. You really need to get the fish weaned onto frozen food if you expect to keep her alive long term.

They're beautiful fish but take a fair bit of effort and some luck too. So good luck!