T5 bulb combination?

Alieu07

I am looking at the ATI 8 bulb fixture and need help with the bulb combination(color). Any T5 expert? I kind of like my tank look blue but need to grow and color the SPS of course :)

This is my thought:

1x 14000k by Korallen Zucht

1x fiji purple by Korallen Zucht

4x blue plus by ATI

1x Aquablue Special by ATI

1x Actinic Plus by Giesemann

What do you guys think? Thanks

That will be pretty blue. I would do this for a nice crisp color mix of white with a blue tint

This is my thought:

3x blue plus by ATI

3x Aquablue Special by ATI

That will be pretty blue. I would do this for a nice crisp color mix of white with a blue tint

This is my thought:

3x blue plus by ATI

3x Aquablue Special by ATI

I like this combination. If I were to go more blue (and I have on an 8-lamp combo), I'd sub the 14000K with another blue plus.

I like this combination. If I were to go more blue (and I have on an 8-lamp combo), I'd sub the 14000K with another blue plus.

Isn't this too blue?

That would look good as well and would not be too blue. However, "too blue" is subjective. I would buy and extra blue plus with your order and if you want more blue swap out the 14k with that.

don't need Actinic ? Too many aquablue special i worry about too white.

Try the coral plus bulbs by ATI, they're fantastic! I run 8x54 over a standard 120 gallon in this order from front to back: (all bulbs are ATI)

front:

Blue+

Coral+

Purple+

Blue+

Blue+

Coral+

Blue+

Blue+

back

I would call this a 18-20K look, and I've measured the PAR and I get ~350 6" down underwater and 250 on the sandbed.

If you want something a bit less blue, change the coral+ bulbs for aquablue specials.

Thanks Max...How high you hang the fixture? What brand of fixture? What are the PAR of water surface?

My new combo are:

6xB+

1xcoral+

1xpurple+

OR

5xB+

1xcoral+

2xpurple+

I am looking at the ATI 8 bulb fixture and need help with the bulb combination(color). Any T5 expert? I kind of like my tank look blue but need to grow and color the SPS of course :)

This is my thought:

4x blue plus by ATI

1x Aquablue Special by ATI

1x Actinic Plus by Giesemann

What do you guys think? Thanks

i have a bunch of old bulbs, let me know when you are ready, and you can play around with the color and see what you like best. it's really preference.

i like more blue, i have mine at 4 Blue+ and 2 of each purple/white. but i would do more blue+ if i can.

I also have like 10 old (~8 month old) bulbs sitting around if you want to test them out. But also rule out 2 purple+, it will give your tank a peptobismol tint to it which overpowers any other colors. Stick to just 1.

I run a Sunlight Supply TEK 8 x 54w fixture hung 14" off of the water. My par out of the water at the surface is 1100 and right below the surface is ~700. I prefer to raise my fixture higher so I can run a longer photoperiod to enjoy my tank for more time each day. Those PAR numbers are with the flow ON. If I can find an old pic of my tank that I labelled with my PAR readings I will try and scan it in to show you.

Also remember that it really matters what order the bulbs are in, make sure to spread out the bulbs evenly while putting the bulbs that you want the overall color of the tank to appear closer to the front. I run a blue+ and coral+ at the front.

here's a good site for bulb combo info.

http://home.comcast.net/~stevelarsen00/site/?/page/Lamps_and_lamp_combinations/&PHPSESSID=1e7e54ebffcf6e47de6e5400ea016bcb

i've got 5 B+, 3 AB sp, and 2 P+ on my 10 bulb ati. I like the color but will probably go a couple of GE 6500Ks instead of the AB sp next time. ATI bulbs are the best bang for buck IMO. Reefgeek is a great place to get them. Ask about quantity discounts.

Thank you guys.

Roni have you try the ati coral plus? I heard alot good thing with that lot of people like it.

Thank you guys.

Roni have you try the ati coral plus? I heard alot good thing with that lot of people like it.

I haven't. I tend to be a late adopter of technology :) Just ordered my current batch of bulbs and hadn't really read about the coral plus. Given how good the other ati bulbs are, I have no doubt they are good.

what color is coral plus?

Here you go

ATI 80W Coral Plus T5 High-Output Fluorescent bulb combines the properties of a Blue Plus (~50%), Aquablue Special (~40%) and Purple Plus (~10%) producing a bulb with a cool, crisp white color with hints of red and blue. The higher blue component compared to an Aquablue Special produces better fluorescence in capable corals and the red component is excellent for color rendition. Approximate color temperature: 15000K+. Recommended Use: as a stand-alone bulb or in combination with Blue Plus, Purple Plus, True Actinic or other supplemental T5 bulbs.

Here you go

ATI 80W Coral Plus T5 High-Output Fluorescent bulb combines the properties of a Blue Plus (~50%), Aquablue Special (~40%) and Purple Plus (~10%) producing a bulb with a cool, crisp white color with hints of red and blue. The higher blue component compared to an Aquablue Special produces better fluorescence in capable corals and the red component is excellent for color rendition. Approximate color temperature: 15000K+. Recommended Use: as a stand-alone bulb or in combination with Blue Plus, Purple Plus, True Actinic or other supplemental T5 bulbs.

I will take a picture tonight of the blue+ coral+ and aqua blue special all next to each other. Hopefully this will help you out with the color question. I love the coral plus bulbs, they are great if you want good punch but a 20k look when combined with the blue+

wow that uploaded really strange, let me see if I can get it to be the correct resolution...

What order should i put 6 blue+,a coral+ and a purple+ ?

I was thinking:

B+

B+

C+

B+

P+

B+

B+

B+

What do you think? Thx