Mr. Coral

amay121

Here's my pitiful experience (usually they have been good):

1) Did an order on the website Mr. Coral - $50 (Placed - 3/5, Card charged 3/6)

2) Screwed up my order because I bought 4 Limits Ones (my bad) and didn't realize this (dumb me for not reading the rules)

3) Called 3/9 to pick up my order on that same day and was told two things (I) Your order was immediately cancelled because you tried to order 4 Limit One items and you would have to order 16 regular items to get those Limit One items, I said admitted to being lame and forgot to read the rules, was asked if I wanted a different order or to cancel. I chose to CANCEL and asked for an e-mail of confirmation of cancellation and was told they would send it out immediately.

4) After store has closed and no e-mail, I PM Mr. Coral, he responds promptly and asks if there was any issues, I state that there was no issue other than my not reading fully the rules of the "Limit One". He never responds back via PM.

5) I call the store on Monday (3/12) and ask why there was no e-mail correspondence saying that the order was cancelled, and after a few hours I received an e-mail saying that my order was cancelled.

6) I get my statement today (3/24), I see no refund from Mr. Coral, so I call my CC company. Guess what, there is no charge back of my $50.

I've bought from Mr. Coral before and it's been decent, but for this one, it was truly an EPIC FAIL in the biggest sense to me.

This exact situation has happened before: http://www.wamas.org/forums/topic/40846-mr-coral-does-it-again/page__view__findpost__p__344979

One problem is that things get buried on this boards (sometimes by intent) and people forget, allowing the same problems to reoccur. This is unfortunate as I think WAMAS members should be allowed to be protected from reoccurring bad behavior from sponsors.

Edited by DaveS

Guy, since the charge is still on your CC statement, call the customer service number on the back of the card and put the charge into dispute. Getting refunds on cancelled orders should be as easy to process as taking an order in my opinion.

One of the great advantages of using a credit card. We've had a similar ordeal at home recently with Sears(.com) that dragged on (with my wife) for nearly 2 months. I had a hard time watching it play out, figuring that I would have put it into dispute when satisfaction wasn't found quickly (staff incompetence figured into this, I believe). Finally, she did so and, with that act, put a stake in the matter once and for all. Given the hard time that was had, I don't think she'll be ordering from Sears.com in the future.

Hello, Bryan told me he took care of this after you sent me the Pm. I will be in on Monday if you like to call me and I can check it out. Did you try to call us today before you posted this? Sorry you order got cancel but to make things fair for everyone you can't just order all Limit 1 corals. Again, please call me Monday or I can call you maybe it just has not shown up yet. Just let me know if you want me to call you.

Thanks

Sonny

(edited)

Sonny,

You've had more than 2 weeks to deal with a return. I'll let the CC company deal with it, thanks for the offer, but I feel that your customer service for a simple return on this instance is lacking.

Like I said, I've had good experiences before, but this one is just a FAIL!!!

Edited by amay121

Sonny,

You've had more than 2 weeks to deal with a return. I'll let the CC company deal with it, thanks for the offer, but I feel that your customer service for a simple return on this instance is lacking.

Like I said, I've had good experiences before, but this one is just a FAIL!!!

If you didn't try to order 4 - "limit 1" - corals in the first place, none of this would've happened. That was the first fail.

Not sure I get it. Why you would bash me if all your other orders were fine except the one you did not want to follow the rules on. The rules are posted on top of the section that last 2 years and meant to be follow.

Ryan has a great point this would of not even been the case if you would just of follow the rules on the site. That started I guess what you call the EPIC FAIL.

On the refund like I stated I told Bryan to take care of it. I could of simply taking a look on Monday for you or you could of even called today to speak to Bryan. Just a thought but oh well. If you don't want me to look that is fine. I don't understand the logic to that but that is fine.

Guys I want to thank everyone for the Huge Support the last few weeks it has been awesome!!

Thanks

Sonny

I never understand how the card gets charged in these instances. The merchant terms are really clear that you can authorize the card but cannot actually charge the card until the order ships.

As a Merchant we charge the order before it ships. You can't wait until it is pack to ship maybe if there is a issue? Maybe if someone orders 100 $10 corals they are taken off the site but it us a Fake Credit card and you find out when it is packed? We rather find out when the order is placed not when it is ready to be shipped if it is real order.

As a Merchant we charge the order before it ships. You can't wait until it is pack to ship maybe if there is a issue? Maybe if someone orders 100 $10 corals they are taken off the site but it us a Fake Credit card and you find out when it is packed? We rather find out when the order is placed not when it is ready to be shipped if it is real order.

That's what the authorization is for. You authorize the card to ensure the card is real, that the amount to be charged is available, etc. Visa, Mastercard, etc. all prohibit actually charging the card until the order ships.

Ryan, yeah true, my not reading his rules was the first fail.

Almost 2 weeks to return the money though? You figure it out.

Mr. Coral, not bashing here, please understand that my other transactions went smoothly because I went and got what I wanted. This was because there was a mistake on my part, but I believe a bigger mistake on your part for not correcting it, when I (1) called for my refund (2) PM'd for my refund, and (3) Called again for my refund.

Under which date did I get my refund?

1) 3/9 when I called in (Bryan must've answered) and was told that the transaction was cancelled (NO)

2) 3/12 when I called (Bryan answered) and your store sent me an e-mail confirmation stating that the order was cancelled (NO)

Today is 12 days later. How long does it take to refund a credit card order? More than 12 days?

This is just my opinion but I think the main issue is that you should not have been charged for the order to begin with. Authorizing a charge when you placed the order was fine to make sure the card was good but it shouldn't have gone past that. Once Mr. Coral reviewed the order and saw that it violated the "limit one" rule the card should not have been charged. Contact should have been made, from him to you, to get the order corrected. Or, if it had been already charged, then at the least it should have been immdiately refunded and an email sent out to you explaining why. For basically the same thing to happen to you and DaveS shows a flaw in how charges are applied and a bigger flaw in the process of refunds. Hopefully Mr. Coral can fix the process so this doesn't keep happening.

Coralhind the DaveS issue was a joke. So I will not go back in time and rehash what he was trying to do years ago to work the system. He is the reason why we have the Limit 1 rules!! I promise myself I would be a good boy for now on and not get into battles. Not worth it and not going to do it anymore so please don't mention DaveS every to me again. Make me sick to my stomach.

This is a issue between me and Amay121. Right after you sent me a Pm about the refund I told Byran to take care of it and he told me tonight he process it that day. I will be in at 12 Monday if you want me to give me a call and I can give you details on the day and time and we can see why it is not showing up on your statement yet. This is my last post on this topic Amay121 call me and of course I will help you out. As you stated you have had successful orders in the past let me try to help you out. We have had over 5000 orders on the site since 2010 we don't have that many for not taking care of our customer. 85% of our customers are repeat customers like my man Amay21.

Thanks again for the order!! Good night and God Bless Wamas I love you all!!

Sonny

We will be rocking and rolling Sunday with the best deals in the country if you want to come see us we will be in 11-3 Sunday!!

Again, this is my last post on the issue. I can help if you let me.

Edited by mrcoral.com

Almost 2 weeks to return the money though? You figure it out.

I don't disagree with you here Guy. I'm sure you'll get this figured out with Sonny on Monday. He doesn't want to lose any customers, especially a repeat customer like yourself.

Guy, it is also happening to customers in other parts of the country. See here for how this guy handled it http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=297868

I think Mr. Coral needs to change how he deals with orders that violate the rules on his website. If someone orders too many limit 1 corals in the order, he needs to release/refund their money right away, cancel the order, and send them a notification email as to why it was cancelled. It should be a quick and easy process, that doesn't cost Mr. Coral anytime or money.

All that data is stored in a database somewhere. So, all he need is a quick check at the end of every order.

The code to do so is pretty easy... I'll even give the code free of charge here....

SubmitOrder ()

If TotalItemCount >= LimitItemCount*4 then "Continue Order Process"

else

"Cancel Order Process"

Easy... :tongue:

All that data is stored in a database somewhere. So, all he need is a quick check at the end of every order.

The code to do so is pretty easy... I'll even give the code free of charge here....

SubmitOrder ()

If TotalItemCount >= LimitItemCount*4 then "Continue Order Process"

else

"Cancel Order Process"

Easy... :tongue:

You need to remember that he's using a commercial Cart tool. It's not something that he can do code updates for. I suspect these limitations are outside the capabilities of the site engine he's using.

Regardless of what he should do, he was already given multiple notices that my order was not valid and a request for a refund should of been issued and was not. One notice, I can understand that mistakes happen. Second notice, there seems to be an issue. There should not be a third notice and I shouldn't have to be writing that I had a bad experience with him.

Moral of my story, if you get your order right, no issues.

If there's an issue with the order, this could be an issue, which it was.

You've done the right thing, Guy, in going to your credit card company when this wasn't resolved quickly and amicably. Good luck on closing this matter out.

This really is a facet of his e-commerce business or order processing that needs to be fixed.