Auto Feeders

STEVE

Which one to buy and which one not to buy....Going to be purchasing one, looking for a couple of opinions

i like my aquachef...when it worked (recently stopped)

but with any of them be very careful of the batteries....the door that holds the batteries in my failed and dropped the two cheapo AA batteries in my tank, they are the ones wtih the solid core surrounded by acid, not like durcell etc that have an outer casing...i lost ALOT of corals...

ever since then i just taped the back on for double assurance.

alot of the will get hot and as the plastic expands they sometimes pop off the backs...again tape alleviated my issues but only after it was too late.

wish they had a hardwired version for a controller.

I keep hearing Ehiem, but I will look into the Aquachef too. Thanks for the heads up.

I have an Eheim feeder that accidentally fell into my tank for a few seconds but I dried it out in the sun and with some rubbing alcohol and it was back to working order like nothing happened.

Which Eheim do you have sportzfish? Model...

I bought it secondhand but I believe it is model no. CD-909968 on Fosters Smith's website but then I see it referred to as 3581 elsewhere.

Edited by sportzfish

I just bought the Eheim 3581 from Dr Froster, on sale for $27.99. Works great for pellets but you will have to break up large flakes; most feeders I know of require you to break up large flakes.

The other feeder I use is the Fish Mate Auto Feeder. I like that because you have individual food slots, so when you return from being away, you know if your fishes got fed or the food got stuck. Cons -> slots are small. I have 2 of them for my 156 but now that my livestock is getting larger, I decided I need more, thus the recent addition of the Eheim.

I love the Eheim 3581.

+4, I think.

I have one and like it... haven't done Jon's modification to make it controllable yet, but I really want to!!