It's heart warming when humans are humane

Jan

I think it's great how people jumped into the water to help them! I'm guessing the dolphins smelled the boardwalk fries which led them to the beach.

So I guess this form of kindness explains why I kept getting dragged back into the ocean by locals while vacationing on the beach in Brazil........

Darren

+1.

I had a similar experience in Rockaway Beach, Far Rockaway New York. Not to this magnitude. It was only one. The animal looked like a small whale and a dolphin. It was slighlty larger than a dolphin, shaped like a dolphin, had a blow hole, but it's mouth was not as long as a dolphin, and it had little razor sharp teeth like a shark. Someone said it was a pygmy whale. I don't know for sure. It was heavy! About 10 of us pushed it back into the water. It was badly scraped/injured. We suspect it was hit by a boat or a ship. It just did not want to stay in the water. It kept swimming back onto the beach. It was very sad. We made lots of phone calls to animal rescue, Fish and wildlife, etc., no one really cared. I have pictures somewhere.

Did you read the article? Apparently in February there was a similar incident off of Cape Cod. There were 129 dolphins stranded on the beach. 92 of them didn't survive. It was the largest event recorded in history on the Northeast. I wonder what makes a pod of dolphins beach themselves like that. It couldn't be the Greenhouse effect, Global warming or some pollutant, right? Maybe they were swimming away from killer whales?

Can you imagine being one of those people on the beach, what a rush....

So I guess this form of kindness explains why I kept getting dragged back into the ocean by locals while vacationing on the beach in Brazil........

Darren

I just laughed, good one!

I found this on the web:

THE WHALE, DOLPHIN, AND PORPOISE STRANDING ALERT Begins 2/23/12: Due to ongoing solar activity hitting Earth's magnet field plus todays X5 flare, this alert intensified. Earth is now experiencing geomagnetic storms, radiation storms & radio blackouts. The X1 flare hit today & the X5 flare will hit in days. Magnetic field disruptions also disrupt cetacean bio navigation & can cause wrong way travel & stranding. Watch for pods & loners near coasts & waterways & block stranding with noise & sound pingers. Refloat & stay with stranders until the event has passed or they may restrand. Watch places cetaceans have stranded before. Expect auroras which cetaceans can see & hear.

My daughter was trying to tell me about this yesterday. Her father told her. She wasn't clear and much was lost in the translation. Wow!

I found this on the web:

Lol, Ryan! but in all seriousness it is for some beautiful creatures.

The world is coming to an end!

I think that I saw this episode on Seinfeld

Something strange happened to allow them to end up on the beach, that should not be normal behavior. Im sure somehow it was human induced, if it was recent I wonder if the suns storm that was to mess up our GPSs messed with their orientation. Really strange, and Im glad people did the right thing, that was a lot of precious dolphins, thanks for sharing.

John