Aquatic Connection (www.aquacon.com)

Oprah Wrangler

Hello all,

I thank you in advance for any input. I have been reading through this online store and it strikes me that most of there stock is likely wild caught. The dilemma is they have a nice variety. I don't want to support trapping and taking form the wild. What do we know about this online seller?

Aquatic Connection

Thanks for posting! I want to know too. I've read bad reviews from other forums. I would love to hear some positive ones so I can order some Gorgonians.

I have seen this vendor referenced too many times in a negative light on other forums. The joke is clear in their name: aquaCON.

Many instances of people ordering something only to receive something totally different.

Thanks for posting! I want to know too. I've read bad reviews from other forums. I would love to hear some positive ones so I can order some Gorgonians.

There prices are nice and the selection is great. It is really going to make me sad if they suck. Thanks for joining in on this inquisition.

I have seen this vendor referenced too many times in a negative light on other forums. The joke is clear in their name: aquaCON.

Many instances of people ordering something only to receive something totally different.

I have read those reviews also. It can be very difficult to decipher the valid crappy reviews from the invalid crappy reviews. I trust the judgment and experience of my WAMAS family. I have found that some reviews are the by product of user error rather than bad business. I am sure that someone here has used this company before.

Both I and my sister have ordered from them. Both were bad.

My sisters: She ordered a couple of gorgonians, a nepthea and a couple of other random corals, took several weeks to ship, no communication, she didn't get things that she ordered, what she got arrived in poor shape and died within a couple days. No communication after the fact. CC dispute to receive money back.

Mine: I ordered a couple of soft corals. Both came in DYED. One blue and one a neon yellow color. I did not pursue a refund, but pointed out to them what it was. They adamantly refused that is what the problem was. Both corals died within a couple weeks never having any polyp extension.

I don't have many places that I will say NO FREAKING WAY. But this is one of them.

Both I and my sister have ordered from them. Both were bad.

My sisters: She ordered a couple of gorgonians, a nepthea and a couple of other random corals, took several weeks to ship, no communication, she didn't get things that she ordered, what she got arrived in poor shape and died within a couple days. No communication after the fact. CC dispute to receive money back.

Mine: I ordered a couple of soft corals. Both came in DYED. One blue and one a neon yellow color. I did not pursue a refund, but pointed out to them what it was. They adamantly refused that is what the problem was. Both corals died within a couple weeks never having any polyp extension.

I don't have many places that I will say NO FREAKING WAY. But this is one of them.

Thank you very much for the specifics of your experience with this site. As I said earlier, it is difficult to digest information from other reviews when you are unfamiliar with the character of the person leaving the review. Your input has been very helpful. I had a similar experience with reefscavengers.com, they are also out of Florida. I hope this isn't a pattern for that area. Anyway, thanks again for the information.

sounds like no one here has ordered from them and appear to be jumping on the bandwagon.

order from them and find out.

Thanks for your reply to my post. Have you had any personal experience with this vendor? It sounds like you might be the single voice of opposition and I am curious if that is due to experience. Thanks again.

Moved this to the Vendor Experience forum for further discussion. FWIW, I believe that one of the members on here ordered a light from them recently and was happy with their purchase? That was the first time I've heard of anyone being satisfied with them, though, and seems like every time I see their name it's in connection with issues that came up. I could have sworn someone posted something at one point in time stating that their merchandise arrived and appeared to be used...

Thanks for your reply to my post. Have you had any personal experience with this vendor? It sounds like you might be the single voice of opposition and I am curious if that is due to experience. Thanks again.

OW- I ordered liverock from them about 15 years ago when I worked at the pet store but cannot say it's relevant to today. I looked them up on the SE Florida BBB and it gives the company an overall rating of an "F+". It sounds like it could be hit or miss. You could always order with a secure credit card and dispute the charges if they fail to deliver as promised.

OW- I ordered liverock from them about 15 years ago when I worked at the pet store but cannot say it's relevant to today. I looked them up on the SE Florida BBB and it gives the company an overall rating of an "F+". It sounds like it could be hit or miss. You could always order with a secure credit card and dispute the charges if they fail to deliver as promised.

I respect your advice on fish and corals, but remind me not to seek you out for gambling advice. :rolleyes: I wouldn't bet on a F+. My time is worth more than the potential trouble.

Ooops, this is Mindee (not George). I should have looked before posting.

Edited by RubberFrog

Aqua-CON. I had to file a complaint with the BBB and dispute fees through my bank and credit card. I got every cent back. They have over 60 complaints against them with the BBB stemming back to 2004 and on another forum several reefers even went to the Attorney Generals office and filed complaints against them there. Do a search.