Quiet Return Pump?

Omair

What is your opinion on an internal return pump that runs silent? Eheim? Sicce? It would need to turn over anywhere from 350-600GPH flow.

You would choose a Sicce for silence? I have a syncra 3.5 and it has a bit of a growl to it. I read that Eheims are pretty silent and produce less heat.

You would choose a Sicce for silence? I have a syncra 3.5 and it has a bit of a growl to it. I read that Eheims are pretty silent and produce less heat.

typo - fixed. (wouldn't).

i have heard eheim's are quiet and very reliable. never had one myself, but I'd be willing to give them a shot.

a mag 5 would be 500gph, in the range you seek, and they are only like $50. also very reliable. i would recommend the dampening pad though, otherwise you might hear it.

Quiet is a relative term, but I have been doing similar research. Above those already recommended look at the ATB flowstar series and the tunze silence series.

I am strongly considering the tunze silence as a replacement for my current mag 9.5 return pump, it also has the advantage of being a low power consumer.

Definitely Eheim. I replaced a quiet one 4000 which broke apart with an Ehiem and it's silent. The quiet one was almost like a jet engine when it started up and sometimes, it took about 4 minutes for it to prime and begin pumping. For future, it's either a mag drive or eheim. no more quiet one pumps for me