eclipses 40 breeder build

Dr.eclipse

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That black sand looks absolutely awesome. I think your tank may have switched me to go with the black sand in my new 75. Looks awesome with the contrasting colors.

(edited)

i got good news, and bad(ish) news.

good news second MP10 arrived clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

bad new, while installing it i knocked my light into the tank. opps. but it wasnt on, so its really not that big of a deal. ill have to put my 400watt MH over the tank while the light dries for the next week or so.

Edited by Dr.eclipse

ok, so it looks like the light is fubr. soooo im gonna try to convince my dad to give me a loan for a new light. i was thinking going led. any thoughts?

ok, so it looks like the light is fubr. soooo im gonna try to convince my dad to give me a loan for a new light. i was thinking going led. any thoughts?

Do yourself a favor, stick with halides or go T5. If heat is no issue, I would go halides with nice reflectors. Is your ballast still good.? Could save some cash if they still work. I am a T5 guy, but if heat wasnt an issue, Id go with MH/T5 combo.

Btw, nice looking set up... I think youve done a good job on your new set up.

If your light was not on then your light should not be broken. if it is a DE just clean the two ends up. The ballest controlls the power what you got wet was just the sockets. you may want to change that bulb out too.

Do yourself a favor, stick with halides or go T5. If heat is no issue, I would go halides with nice reflectors. Is your ballast still good.? Could save some cash if they still work. I am a T5 guy, but if heat wasnt an issue, Id go with MH/T5 combo.

Btw, nice looking set up... I think youve done a good job on your new set up.

any reason you say not to do led?

If your light was not on then your light should not be broken. if it is a DE just clean the two ends up. The ballest controlls the power what you got wet was just the sockets. you may want to change that bulb out too.

the light was a sunpod 2x 150 watt MH, the ballast are in side the fixture.

i dryed everything, made sure there was no salt left on the fixture, let it sit in the sun for an afternoon. i plugged it in last night and sparks went flying, flipped the breaker.

IMo, there over priced and unperfected. Look at all the people who have changed fixtures several times already. Its not bad technology, its just not there yet. Im not going to get into the whole LED war, I dont need the nerds getting all rowdy. I just feel MH and T5 are tried and true. You know exactly what youre getting. My best advice is to spend your money wisely once.

(edited)

I agree. I would like to see what a rowdy group of nerds looks and sounds like though.

so what light fixture would you recommend?

i was thinking if i went T5, i would either get teklight elite, or and ATI.

any thoughts on MH/T5 combo brand?

Edited by Dr.eclipse