Just wanted to say HEY

I am new here just moved into the area 1st of the year. Hmmmm right now I am pretty boaring all my tanks are in storage and my freind has my prized corals holding them for me. When I moved I sold most live stock just kept a few acan and sps colonys. I have been in reef keeping for 6 or 7 years. And have to go to the grocery store now so I will finish talking lata.

Hope to meet some people soon!

So were is all the reef stores located, I am near King st Alexandria?

I will try and get some pics of my old set up. It was a 120 gal rimless not too sexy but it was nice.

New one will be a little smaller just under 30 gal cube 20 gal sump 5 gal ATO LEDs vortech mp10 and one day a Cal reactor.

At the top of the page there is a link that says LFS map, you will find them there!

Pristine Aquariums is the closest store to you but for some of the better coral stores you will have to drive a little farther out. Once you become a full paid member you can get some nice discounts at participating vendors plus you will have full access to the rest of the site which also has an active "For Sale/Free/Trade" section.

At the top of the page there is a link that says LFS map, you will find them there!

How does that get updated? We should remove SuperPets since they closed.

Welcome to the club. Let's not worry about your old setup, let's start working on the new one!! :biggrin:

Seriously, this is a great club with some really good members that are more than happy to help you out.

The tank build will start soon in 2 months I hope. I have to go get tanks out of storage, which is at the beach. Then drilll the cube, put rock together then start some flow. I have LED's built allready and all other goodies. I just need a few minutes to get together and make it pretty.

Also I am married beautiful wife and one 5 yr old girl. Woodworking is a big thing for me, I get into it way to much.

Welcome Micheal. Did we meet you at the winter meeting?

No I wanted to go, but couldn't make it I even printed off the directions.

Just busy Job hunting and such resume after resume grrrrrrr.

Oh yes I built a lot of stuff for members for my old club CFAS, still talk to alot of them.

Sorry Micheal, I met another member at the meeting that had just moved here from Hawaii. He moved to Alexandria as well.

At least there are reefers in the area. Good luck on the job hunt as well.

Sorry Micheal, I met another member at the meeting that had just moved here from Hawaii. He moved to Alexandria as well.

At least there are reefers in the area. Good luck on the job hunt as well.

Thanks I need it!!

Woodworking is a big thing for me, I get into it way to much.

Welcome Michael! We'll have to hook up sometime and talk woodworking. That's my main hobby and I'm even considering purchasing a laser engraving/cutting system. I just need to do some more research and make sure She Who Must Be Obeyed doesn't get too upset when she sees the $16K-$20k price tag. :tongue:

Welcome Michael! We'll have to hook up sometime and talk woodworking. That's my main hobby and I'm even considering purchasing a laser engraving/cutting system. I just need to do some more research and make sure She Who Must Be Obeyed doesn't get too upset when she sees the $16K-$20k price tag. tongue.gif

We can hook up anytime I also love a good IPA draft!!

Good luck with that " like you need another ?????"

Welcome, Michael. I think that you'll enjoy it here. For benefits of membership, click on the link in my signature below.

So what do you do and where are you looking?

We can hook up anytime I also love a good IPA draft!!

That's the second thing we have in common. Let's go for three. Tell me you have a bass boat and know of a great fishing hole in the area!

That's the second thing we have in common. Let's go for three. Tell me you have a bass boat and know of a great fishing hole in the area!

I don't have a bass boat but I use to fish. My brother in law loves bass fishing the potomac but catches a lot of snakeheads.