Best Coral Dip for..

trockafella

I previously used Revive for SPS, but I never really dipped anything except SPS before. But with the increased amount of pests floating around lately I wanna take all precautions I can. I am looking for the best Dip for LPS, Zoas and mushrooms..? Thanks

Coral Rx and revive will take care of these as well.

I previously used Revive for SPS, but I never really dipped anything except SPS before. But with the increased amount of pests floating around lately I wanna take all precautions I can. I am looking for the best Dip for LPS, Zoas and mushrooms..? Thanks

Coral Rx and revive will take care of these as well.

Are they the same thing essentially, or do you use one for one thing the other treats soimething else.?

What should I be looking for specifically on these types of corals.?

They treat for the same but there are slight differences. I also use Coral dip by Seachem. It has iodine. You can't hurt anything adn wont go wrong if you use all three.

In softies and zoas look for flat worms, zoa eating spiders and nudibranch. Flat worms don't eat LPS and zoas. They will hitch on them. If the population is out of control they will prevent light from getting to the corals and this is how they die. You can do a search on google for LPS and zoanthid pests and you'll see loads of pics.

Are they the same thing essentially, or do you use one for one thing the other treats soimething else.?

What should I be looking for specifically on these types of corals.?

Edited by Jan

Oh, and you can always do an RO/DI freshwater dips on ALL zoanthids. FW kills most everything.

How long in FW.? Sorry to sound like such a noob, but I only ever worried about SPS before..

I take zoas and place them in a container and pour the RO/DI water on them. Then I take a turkey baster and blast them with RO/DI water several times. I look at what drops in the container to make sure there aren't any pests. Then, cause I tend to overkill, I take the zoas and look inbetween as many as I can and blast more water in between them. Wear gloves and blast them in the container in a sink. NOOB!:rolleyes:

How long in FW.? Sorry to sound like such a noob, but I only ever worried about SPS before..

Revive for everything. Then a bath in lugols (Brightwell) as per the directions on the brightwell site for zoas and rics, etc. LPS usually get just revive.

PS. I also use a double dose of revive always and leave my corals in for 20 mins. Never lost a coral from this and the real SOB's like montipora eating nudis and AEFW take a while to get off. Also make sure to look on any coral for AEFW eggs. They can travel on any plug, rock or coral, doesn't have to be SPS