Anyone else have an Anglerfish??

Max Ivers

Hey all,

I just bought an Antennarius sp. Anglerfish this past weekend at Petland to be the "mascot" of my frag tank/refugium. He's absolutely amazing to watch as he runs around, my friends all say it looks like a little dinosaur. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone else here has ever owned or had any experience with these really interesting fish. I'll post a picture somewhat soon, probably by the weekend happy.gif

Thanks!

I had a warty angler a few years back when I had way too many tanks, neat fish.

Ah man if that was you that got the Red or yellow one (cant remember which) that was me that was there when Ben fed it...what a cool fish they are..very tempting to start a small tank for one.

Pics...especially of it feeding.

It is currently in my 40 Breeder Frag Tank/Refugium. It lives in the refugium half that has alot less flow and more spots for him to hide and wander around. There's also an ORA Picasso who is about 2.5" in there but the angler has no interest in him at all. The Picasso is way too smart and usually stays on the coral grow out side anyway. Pics later tonight, but the true amazing ones will have to wait a week or two until my college app tank photo portfolio is finished.

I have to say that you are asking for the angler to take an expensive meal there.

Anglers can swallow amazingly large fish, if it is a narrow-bodied fish sometimes longer than the angler itself. I wouldn't keep any fish less than about twice the angler's size and then only deep-bodied fish. They really are great refugium mascotts, though.

Once he notices the clown, the slow stalk will begin. It may take weeks or months, but I think he angler will win in the end.

Oh I definitely agree and earlier today I decided that the clown wasn't about to become an expensive meal so I put up an eggcrate divider to keep them separated. Better safe than sorry mellow.gif