Need a skimmer

steveoutlaw

Steve,

do you still have your MCE600? I ran mine in-sump for a long time on my 75 gallon. It was in a 29 gallon sump on the right side. fit in there perfectly.

I expect to have an ASM Mini-G available next week, if you are interested. Looks like ASM has changed the design of the Mini-G. Mine looks more like the G1 with the pump outside the skimmer body. It fits snugly in a 12x6 area. I've had it on my 55 for years and it works well.

I'm not sure what a fair price would be for it. It needs a vinegar bath, but the impeller and pump (while original) are working just fine. Here's a blurry out of focus phone pic of it (best I can do from work) from a few months ago: https://picasaweb.go...851963442029330 If you are interested / want better pics let me know.

As for stock level it can handle, this is what my 55 looked like in it's hay day: https://picasaweb.go...075840713060162

I'm looking for a good skimmer that will fit in a 7x15 area. It needs to be an in-sump skimmer and needs to be able to handle 60 gallons heavily stocked. Anyone have any ideas?

With those dimensions your only choice might be an HOB. I would look at the Octopus models. Depending on what you want to spend, they even have a cone version.

That's some tight dimensions :biggrin: Given those space constraints I'd likely choose a Skimz. Specifically the Sm121 Monzter - footprint is 6.2 x 5.6". They have an excellent design that saves space by having the outflow in the base = very clever design. The 121 is under $300 = pretty reasonable.

Tough part is most small units don't use the best pumps, first choice would be a bubble blaster (or Laguna based) but I don't see one that small..................or I do but even with the correct dimensions you know how it is - depends on the angle of the fadangle :laugh:

I do see there's a Octopus HOB - BB based, not sure if that would work for you?

Skimz @ AquaCave