ammonia help!!!!!!!

Guest alex wlazlak

Guest alex wlazlak

okay, my dad should be back thursday so ill make him buy one with his credit ceard..thanks.i am also now running my kimmer!!!for like the first time ever on my tank:/not good that im only doing it now..but i said f it and started it, pulling out plenty of waste and it fills the cup in porlbly atleast 24 hours if not faster..the waste is a greenish color, natural color for the waster stuff?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex wlazlak

haha rob, im 15, so i dont know about oil filters too much, but thats a good way to compare things..yeah, my dad will be home thursday and ill order it then!thanks alot guys..i checked water today, everything was okay, but the NITRITES were VERY high, but my fish look excellent and are back to "normal".my zoos also died from the bad water quality, should i scrape them off the rock, or just leave em' go and see what they do?also, if somthing dies e.x. zoos or hermit crabs and snails, does it matter if i just leave them in, or should i try to take them out??always wondered that..thanks alot guys!!LOTS of help, i really appretiate that!!

You definitely want to to take anything dead out as soon as possible. High nitrites btw are not OK. This is indicative of a few things, aside from the fact that your tank is cycling as I type.

-overstocking

-tank not cycled

-dead organisms

-others

To tell you the truth, I would remove all living creatures from the tank. I don't know how possible this is, but that is what I would do. Let the tank cycle and then stabilize for 30-days(or longer). Patience goes a long ways in being successful. You're 15, so you have tons of years left to enjoy the hobby. ;)

Guest alex wlazlak

i know that the nitrites and ammonia are the two worse things..several experiences, but what about phosphate?in a nutshell, what is it?and do semi-high nitrates effect the tank?