Facing tank Upgrade Decision

kingfish

Facing tank Upgrade Decision:

I have a tank of which I

By my 110 rimless....hahaha. Seriously, I would check with someone like NAGA to see what needs to be done to cut up a tank and still keep its structure sound. That would make me a little nervous cutting up a tank to trim it up. Might just be easier to sell it and have him make you another one, if you want to stay with acrylic.

I'm not an expert but I doubt cutting the existing tank down will be the way to go. Unless you think you can go rimless, you'll need to get pretty precise cuts to put a new brace on top (even an open eurobrace type).

I had a similar decision a while back with my tank. Similar size. The main question for you- what do plan on keeping in the tank? Softies? SPS?

If SPS, I would say save yourself the trouble of changing this and sell it to buy a glass tank. In addition to the work of modifying the existing tank, you'll spend lots of work scraping coraline from an SPS tank.

Keep as is. The 36" would be great room so some schooling fish and you can get pretty crazy with some of the rock work.

Based on what he said, it's 36" height- top to bottom. Only 24" depth front to back.

amay121's would be right if you could turn the tank on the side! :tongue:

Why don't you build a stand that the tank will fit into for about 6". Than you can fill those 6" with sand and have a DSB that looks like a 1" sand bed.

he might not want a deep tank because of maintenance reasons. reaching the bottom of a 36 inch tsank isnt easy, even for a guy like me thats over 6 feet tall.