Where can I buy a new tank?

Guest tburrs

Guest tburrs

I'm looking for a 90 or 120 RR tank. Cheapest I could find thus far is Wally's. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Wally's in one of the cheapest places in the area - on a continuing basis. You might be able to find one cheaper on sale somewhere & there's always used tanks.

Check Super Store in Annandale, as a matter of fact is about one mile or maybe two west of Wally's. They got great prices on tanks and look for their weekend brochure specials

I saw this pic:

05.jpg

and was wondering who makes this style tank? Not the dimensions, rather the 'look'; the black trim along the parts looks really nice imho.

I'm getting a new tank relatively soon as well, either a 125 or 180 (still in planning phase) and would like to get one that looks like the pic above. Anyone have any links to a company that makes this type?

I checked there, but they don't seem to have the trim quite the same. Unless I'm mistaken, the trim in the above pic is thin, and also goes vertically along the 4 joints.

I checked there, but they don't seem to have the trim quite the same.  Unless I'm mistaken, the trim in the above pic is thin, and also goes vertically along the 4 joints.

You'll note the lip on the top of that tank. It's acrylic. Use a permanent marker or some electrical tape :)

Guest tburrs

I've called a lot of places and Wally's does seem to be the least expensive. I'll probably just get the tank and stand from them and get the livestock elsewhere. Any suggestions on a sump/refugium? I don't really have the tools to make my own so I was hoping to just buy one. $200 seems like the going price, but that just seems like a lot of $$$ Thanks!

That tank is made by Lee-Mar. Pretty much West Coast distribution only. That's an awesome tank and the price for the tank is surprisingly cheap since it's owner needs to sell.

When I was checking, Aquarium Center in Randallstown was the cheapest around, for tanks but don't think I called wally's. I'm told they pretty much sell at cost and make it up in livestock & supplies. It's also quite a trip for you VA folks.

Rick

When I was looking around, Super Petz down the street from Wally's had better prices. You have to look at their "Holiday Sales" that seem to be year round. There's a little paper stand near the front doors that have sale prices.

Compare Wally's and Super Petz as they seem to have the best prices in the immediate area and are about 5min apart.

If you have time- and in this business of reef aquariums you had better have time- Then I would highly suggest the best way is to look for a used package deal- look wait read up - look some more - they are coming up all the time on this site. The only reason I would buy new is if I needed a custom of some sort to fit a specific area/size.

Here you go on Craiglist:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/pet/71136330.html

125G glass aquarium with crushed coral substrate, filter, heater and protein skimmer. Asking $250.

Howard

Guest what up

Howard,

How does this work? If you are interest in something that they sale.