ATO

Mopar32985

Check this out. People have given some good advice when I asked the same question. 10 gal SUMP setup

Hope it helps! Also, I purchased the AVAST top off after hearing many great things about it. Yet to install and try it tho.

I heard great things about AVAST but I went with a float valve instead. It works great, simple to use.

Check this out. People have given some good advice when I asked the same question. 10 gal SUMP setup

Hope it helps! Also, I purchased the AVAST top off after hearing many great things about it. Yet to install and try it tho.

Thanks man checked it out.

I heard great things about AVAST but I went with a float valve instead. It works great, simple to use.

What kind of pump are u using I was thinking about using a lifter pump because it has a low gph.

-Chance-

Thanks for the comment man. I like the look of it seems very simple and I could use a small tank to hold the ATO water.

I use a small trash can drilled a spigot to it from home depot.

JBJ ato, a maxi-jet pump and a 5 gallon bucket.. I do like the AVAST, but the jbj gives you the two sensor control, so your ATO pump doesnt run dry..

Thanks man I have herd great things about the jbj. I like the idea of having two. Have u had good luck with yours.

-Chance-

I cant say that I have had any issues with it. I like the AVAST because of the magnet and clean look, I saw it (the avast ato) at the last meeting, and was very impressed, not to mention its locally built by our own members.. But I do like the 2 switch of the JBJ.

I've run redundant float switches for several years. But, I'll tell you, in those years, I've had to replace three of them when they failed closed (pump running). If you use float switches, definitely make sure that you have a redundant switch set a little higher so that if the lower one fails, you have a back up.

Like trockafella, I like the Avast ATO hookup for it's clean look and easy adjustment. But I also like it because the electromechanical parts of the design are well away from the wet conditions that cause these other switches to fail more quickly.

By the way, you can buy Avast products at Fins and Feathers in Ashburn. So, if you want to hold one in your hand to see it firsthand, go there and take a look.

Yea I use the JBJ with a maxi jet too, never any problems. I have an extra one thats 9 months old if you are thinking about buying something used.

Yea I would def be interested. Please pm me. Thanks.

I've run redundant float switches for several years. But, I'll tell you, in those years, I've had to replace three of them when they failed closed (pump running). If you use float switches, definitely make sure that you have a redundant switch set a little higher so that if the lower one fails, you have a back up.

Like trockafella, I like the Avast ATO hookup for it's clean look and easy adjustment. But I also like it because the electromechanical parts of the design are well away from the wet conditions that cause these other switches to fail more quickly.

By the way, you can buy Avast products at Fins and Feathers in Ashburn. So, if you want to hold one in your hand to see it firsthand, go there and take a look.

Thanks for your input man it's very appreciated. I would like to support advast I do already have on of their reactors but I also like the idea of having 2 switches. Thanks again.

I personally recommend the Tunze ATO, great magnetic setup. Optical unit reads the water level, no mechanical unit to jam. Built in over water alarm, expensive but worth the money in my opinion.

JBJ ato, a maxi-jet pump and a 5 gallon bucket.. I do like the AVAST, but the jbj gives you the two sensor control, so your ATO pump doesnt run dry..

I have the exact setup and it has been working flawlessly. Double sensor is a plus. Maxijet pump attachment for hose has a small hole on the side that works well to disturb the water in the 5 gallon bucket when on to top off main tank. This seems to prevent any bacterial bio film formation on the surface of the water in the bucket.

I have the exact setup and it has been working flawlessly. Double sensor is a plus. Maxijet pump attachment for hose has a small hole on the side that works well to disturb the water in the 5 gallon bucket when on to top off main tank. This seems to prevent any bacterial bio film formation on the surface of the water in the bucket.

This is the setup I will probably go with. I really like the idea of two switches. Thanks for your input man.

-Chance-

With the two switches you have options on how to use them. I use one switch in my sump, the other in my ato bucket (so the pump doesnt run dry).. Not sure which way you were planning to do it, just thought i would toss that little nugget out there..

With the two switches you have options on how to use them. I use one switch in my sump, the other in my ato bucket (so the pump doesnt run dry).. Not sure which way you were planning to do it, just thought i would toss that little nugget out there..

That's cool man thanks. Always appreciate input.

-Chance-