Reefoholic's New 20 Gallon

Is this a challenge?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Haha..no..Just didn't want to go into a dialogue about how Cancellara won in Flanders last weekend and what his chances are at Roubaix against Boonen or Sagan...(and sound like a total cycling geek) before knowing how much professional cycling knowledge you all had. :) Just don't find a lot of folks that follow the European cycling scene too often.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, can't wait to see the pics!

And I'm thinking if we want to talk cycling PM's or a thread in the refugium are the way to go from here. If you want to talk tech that's cool, but I'm sure Sir reefoholic would like his thread focused on that bad bass tank! !-D

Haha..no..Just didn't want to go into a dialogue about how Cancellara won in Flanders last weekend and what his chances are at Roubaix against Boonen or Sagan...(and sound like a total cycling geek) before knowing how much professional cycling knowledge you all had. :) Just don't find a lot of folks that follow the European cycling scene too often.

Only 84 days left for Le Tour and I am excited for the UK part. 

Great, can't wait to see the pics!

And I'm thinking if we want to talk cycling PM's or a thread in the refugium are the way to go from here. If you want to talk tech that's cool, but I'm sure Sir reefoholic would like his thread focused on that bad bass tank! !-D

I don't think my 20 gal is that exciting, but thanks :) Also, I concur that we SHOULD start a new thread for all kinds of bike talk. It would be sweet to exchange information about gear, bikes, etc.

Water test results this am:

Alkalinity: 6.1 KH

pH: 8.1

Ammonia: 0 - 0.25 ppm

Calcium: 500+

Nitrite: 0 ppm

Magnesium: 1410 ppm

Nitrate: 0 ppm

It looks like the ammonia levels went up a tiny bit however, I think it is due to my heavy feeding yesterday with some scallops and frozen food. In order to maintain stable alkalinity levels, I am going to start dosing today. I will keep you guys updated. 

Today is supposed to be a beautiful day with temp going up to 82F. Can't wait to be done with the tank and go outside :)

Not yet. I am trying to determine the consumption. I started dosing very slowly.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk