my refugium cracked

Vadim

can anyone on here fix cracks in acrylic? i have a cpr refugium xl model. the back of it cracked and the hook/clamp completely came off. thanks. also if you do fix let me know how much it would cost.

Vadim, you're best bet is to solvent weld in a patch that covers the crack. It's a quick fix. Jeff (NAGA on the boards) does acrylic work professionally. If you want to pay someone to do it, he's sort of out your way (in Crofton).

I would use weld-on 16 if it is a wide crack and weld-on 4 which is thinner for a small crack. Placing a patch piece to laminate the cracked area as Origami mentioned is a good idea if it is a large crack. Can you post up a picture of the sump?

I have seen several people who built a stand for there HOB refuge bc of the possibility of the brackets breaking, something to help support it, those HOB's always made me nervous. Good luck with your repair.

I have seen several people who built a stand for there HOB refuge bc of the possibility of the brackets breaking, something to help support it, those HOB's always made me nervous. Good luck with your repair.

That is what I did. The thing (large CPR fuge) was too heavy when full for my comfort to hang on. Built a simple 2x4 stand in 5 minutes, painted it black, and was good to go.

i was sitting watching tv, and the tank is right near me. next thing i heard a thump. ran over to the tank. i see my refugium hanging on one bracket. im not sure what happened. but all i know is my algae is coming around now after couple days not running the refugium. now i know that really helps.

coral hind- that's actually a great idea. unfortunately i don't have room behind the tank. I was thinking about having the refugium sit in the sump if im not able to get it fixed.

NAGA- i'd love to stop by let me know when you're available. I appreciate the N/C, but atleast let me bring some beer over or something even if you can't fix it. my appreciation. :o)