Extra room in sump, what to do

Incredible Corals

What would you do with the extra room?

Nothing.... j/k

I would put a bag of purigen and chemi-pure elite hanging in there before I would add any liverock. These products really seem to have a positive effect for me. Not sure what chemical filtration you may already be using. I like to combine mechanical (filterfloss & skimmer), chemical (carbon & purigen etc.), and biological (rock & sand). Just a thought.

However, if your tank is doing well as is - I would not add anything.

Nothing.... j/k

I would put a bag of purigen and chemi-pure elite hanging in there before I would add any liverock. These products really seem to have a positive effect for me. Not sure what chemical filtration you may already be using. I like to combine mechanical (filterfloss & skimmer), chemical (carbon & purigen etc.), and biological (rock & sand). Just a thought.

However, if your tank is doing well as is - I would not add anything.

My sump has a media tray and I run a bag of caron in there. The rest of my filtration includes, skimmer, refugium, sock filter, 40-50lbs of live rock along with 10% weekly water changes.

I guess I can just leave it alone but that's boring...

add some biopellets in a reactor?

^may want to also lower your temperature and keep a coldwater tank in order to keep that beer at a nice temperature for consumption...

lol, I love how resourceful and inventive the average reefer is... tongue.gif

^may want to also lower your temperature and keep a coldwater tank in order to keep that beer at a nice temperature for consumption...

only if you're a non-Guinness drinker.

I would add rock to this area. You will see a big increase in pod production without predators in their environment. I did this and had a huge population of pods that kept coming into my tank and kept my mandarin very happy.