Another PetSmart story...

extreme_tooth_decay

I vote to have this "Chris" person banned for life! They just dont get it!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, looking at the department managers actions from a different perspective here. I spent a very long time, 10+ years, in retail and retail management. I have seen people fired for raising their voice to a customer, it is very bad form and reflects poorly on the manager and the company. Retail is about customer service, there was nothing customer service oriented in her reactions to the problem being expressed. She acted like it was a personal attack against her instead of simply a problem that needed attention. It is likely she is new to management and cannot separate store from personal, which is a training issue. Mind you I am in NO way defending her actions, in fact if I were the store manager there I would be embarrassed and feel the need to give you at the minimum a verbal apology if not a written one.

In the end I guess I have to quote Mrs Boucher(The Waterboy) "She doesn't have what we call, the people skills"

Like others have said, I have been in some Petsmart stores where the people are great, this is an example of one that isn't so great. I'm just glad in the end the result was achieved and the tank is being/was destroyed.

Okay, looking at the department managers actions from a different perspective here. I spent a very long time, 10+ years, in retail and retail management. I have seen people fired for raising their voice to a customer, it is very bad form and reflects poorly on the manager and the company. Retail is about customer service, there was nothing customer service oriented in her reactions to the problem being expressed. She acted like it was a personal attack against her instead of simply a problem that needed attention. It is likely she is new to management and cannot separate store from personal, which is a training issue.

My point exactly.

Names removed from posts and quotes from our membership. Remember, we should not be using personal references in these. The actions of this employee of Petsmart and Chris Shultz have been passed along to Petsmart Corporate, along with emails sent to me in regards to removing the profane and explicit language used in his post.