Looking for SCH 80 PVC

cbatkinson

Lowe's usually has better selection of plumbing supplies than Home Depot and at least around Baltimore they do have some SCH80. Not sure if you have Ferguson's plumbing in VA or not but they have some. Not sure if they are still in business but Fischer's Hardware in Springfield might be a place to look but I don't think they had a very large plumbing selection.

Lowe's may have some SCH 80, but I've never seen much. Plumbing supply specialty store like Ferguson is probably more likely. I know there's a shop on Route 1 in Hyattsville that stocks it.

Lowe's has some, but they scatter it in different isles, so it can be hard to find.

The stuff for tubing is on one isle, the pipe itself is on another (maybe the same one), and the unions, tees, caps, etc is on another isle.

Also I've seen a bunch of grey fittings on the electrical isle. Is that the same stuff?

I have used the grey fittings in electrical before, too, it's schedule 80, but I don't know if it's treated with anything. I don't think it is, but you never know. You may also want to check out Avast Marine which is in your neck of the woods. Dan used to sell plumbing fittings (dandy7200) along with other stuff and I know that some of the materials that come in his DIY are schedule 80 fittings.

The grey fittings in electrical are PVC but they're not tapered fittings like plumbing fittings are.