My new Chalice collection

I've been collecting small frags for a while now since everyone knows the price of a chalice colony is a little expensive. I've purchased almost all these chalice frags from Mr. Coral and bunch were in the $10 section! I can't wait to see what it looks like 6 months from now.

Chalice collection with a few misc favias

DSC_0096.jpg

SPS Frag Rack waiting for a little color and growth

DSC_0098.jpg

Current FTS!

DSC_0099.jpg

I already tried but the wife shot down that idea about as fast as I could get it out of my mouth. At least the seed is planted...

Mine did the same, she said we didn't have the room for a bigger tank... we are now moving to a bigger place which can support a bigger tank... I consider this a win.

I am planning to go by Mr Coral this Monday evening I am wondering if you drip his corals? I read somewhere there is bug on his frags from N-R forum. Regardless, what is the proper dripping procedure? I do not have a proper QT setup. I have an extra tank setup but crappy PC lighting only

(edited)

I am planning to go by Mr Coral this Monday evening I am wondering if you drip his corals? I read somewhere there is bug on his frags from N-R forum. Regardless, what is the proper dripping procedure? I do not have a proper QT setup. I have an extra tank setup but crappy PC lighting only

I'm assuming you meant to say dipping. I don't drip acclimate any corals, only temp match and they go right in.

If you're talking about dipping. I have never dipped any corals that go in my tank. I also haven't had any pests/bugs from Mr.Coral. I'm sure with the tens of thousands of dollars he has invested with the farm and everything in the store he probably treats all the new stuff coming in. I usually only trade corals with people that I know have clean tanks.

Edited by forrealb50

I'm assuming you meant to say dipping. I don't drip acclimate any corals, only temp match and they go right in.

If you're talking about dipping. I have never dipped any corals that go in my tank. I also haven't had any pests/bugs from Mr.Coral. I'm sure with the tens of thousands of dollars he has invested with the farm and everything in the store he probably treats all the new stuff coming in. I usually only trade corals with people that I know have clean tanks.

yes ..dipping ..lol sorry.

Be really careful with that assumption. Normally I would say only worry about acros, montis, zoas, & clams but check out the latest article in CORAL magazine about tiny polychaete worms that bore into acans & scolys and eat them from inside. Always something that wants to eat your corals!

I couldn't find this article on CORAL magazine......where did you locate it?

cheers,

Darren

Be really careful with that assumption. Normally I would say only worry about acros, montis, zoas, & clams but check out the latest article in CORAL magazine about tiny polychaete worms that bore into acans & scolys and eat them from inside. Always something that wants to eat your corals!

I couldn't find this article on CORAL magazine......where did you locate it?

cheers,

Darren

Sorry, it's not a standalone article, but part of the one about scolys, in the latest issue with the puffer on the front.

with all those different types of corals so close to each other are you worried about chemical warfare? I am sure a lot of your corals have LONG sweeper tentacles. Do you ever check during the night?

with all those different types of corals so close to each other are you worried about chemical warfare? I am sure a lot of your corals have LONG sweeper tentacles. Do you ever check during the night?

I check when I put a new coral in to see how it's doing around it's new neighbors. I haven't had any problems expect with some of my favias that stretch out 1-2". If I find some major scaring I'll move a few corals around or if I don't care for the coral much I'll let them battle.

With all the new chalice I'm not to worried... yet. Once they grow out of the plugs more I'll start to separate. I just cleared out the entire sand bed of all the frag I had down there and glued them all to the rock. So when the chalice are ready, they have a clean sand bed to claim.

Many harmless-looking chalices will suddenly throw 'spaghetti' all over a neighbor, frequently killing it. Keep an eye out! :)

Nice set of chalices!

bob