46g bowfront led gmubeach

My gf says these are terrible pictures I guess I'm not a photographer but you get the idea~

I noticed your water level is not consistent throughout your pictures. Are you toping off w/ fresh on a regular basis? Why not raise the water level up higher? How do you keep your salinity constant?

Not trying to be rude. Just trying to look out for you. I feel consistent salinity is key to a good tank ( I aim for .024), and could be the reason your one fish is not doing well... could also be a million other things.

Tank looks very nice.

I was wondering the same thing about the water level.

Thats the point I don't have an ato top off I keep the pumps submerged and thats about it! Next purchase will be a auto top off... the salt changes a little but not about or below range anyway something else is wrong with the fish I'm going to try and get him to eat tonight... best wishes Troy

I have a ATO left over from my last tank, it got about 15 minutes of use before I realized it just wasn't going to work for what i needed it for

P.M sent ... the clown goby ate, but is still tiny I'm going to start looking for parsites... also... I'm over feeding to keep the clown goby alive I'm going to start feeding 2-3 times a day alot smaller portions he ate a small piece of myseis and some brine shirmp he mouthed other pieces of food... I hope hes going to be ok!

• 3 weeks later...

You can get a floatswitch with either battery operate pump or the ATO pump. I built mine for under $10.

(edited)

Troy,

I don't have an ATO either, but what I do is put water in a bucket that is higher than my sump, then create suction in an airline with a valve that is adjusted so that the drip rate is matched pretty much to the evaporation rate. I adjust the drip rate sometimes if the evaporation rate is on an increasing or decreasing trend. This works a lot better than me dumping in a gallon or two all at once every day or so, and is good enough of a system if I have to be gone two or three days.

Edited by treesprite

Thats the point I don't have an ato top off I keep the pumps submerged and thats about it! Next purchase will be a auto top off... the salt changes a little but not about or below range anyway something else is wrong with the fish I'm going to try and get him to eat tonight... best wishes Troy

I do not have a ato as my tank is not very large, but when I get a larger tank I plan on a ATO like this one. http://www.marinedepot.com/Tunze_Osmolator_Universal_3155_Electric_Powered_Dosing_Pumps_Top_Off_Plug_In_Units-Tunze-TZ4111-FIDPETPU-vi.html

The quality seems very good, and the reviews are very positive. It is a lot of cash, but I feel that a topoff is something you do not want to cut corners.

• 7 months later...

SO I fed my fish today and relized I have way too many fish. 46g cardal purple firefish 2 black white clowns a spoted mandrin dragonette and a sixline wrasse. I know the cardinal and the firefish like to be in groups but I bought them singly out of other peoples tanks or as a package deal from a mr coral. I love my tank, but sometimes I get tank envy like the starphire tanks they are really nice, custom leds....oh well.... I need to learn to say "NO" to good deals. Happy reefing.

I took a ton of pictures last night. Troy was so excited. He begged me to post them.

026.jpg

027.jpg

029.jpgm/albums/o424/Suckymyman/028.jpg[/img]

031.jpg

033.jpg2.photobucket.com/albums/o424/Suckymyman/033.jpg[/img]

035.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

034.jpg

073.jpg

076.jpg