46g bowfront led gmubeach

The tank is simple Aqua remora with mag5 upgrade. 4 LEDS 20k with 60degree mounted with a black track lighting fixture... cpr hang on the back refugium. 46g bowfront no sump. 50-100 pounds of live rock... Troyscorals002.jpg

Guinea pig is named peejoe and he loves the tank and yes hes hairless. There is currenlty a six line wrasse and a gbta and 3 corals.

Troyscorals052.jpg

Troyscorals065.jpg

Troyscorals015.jpg

Thank you squintin since you've seen mine I'd love to see yours...anyway my dad is watching my tank and he says the wrasse is alive and feeding off the rock...the anemoe has crawled into some rock work I think he got a little hot under the new lighting... (thanks sam) anyway zygote was right about the light, but I think the less spotligt look is better.. not even sure how I acheived it...I put 4 20k lights evenly spaced with 60 degree heads and it worked wonderful... Also I was against adding a sump .... I wanted a clean looking tank... I don't mind seeing the pumps.. anyway if your considering gettng leds from nanotuners I can say they really do work. And NO HEAT

Got the refugium up and running with dragons breath and cheato... also got a pair of skunk cleaners!

Troy- why don't you lower your lights till they are about 4" above the water? This way, they won't 'leak' the extra light into the room and the light will be in the tank where it belongs.

Troy- why don't you lower your lights till they are about 4" above the water? This way, they won't 'leak' the extra light into the room and the light will be in the tank where it belongs.

That's what I thought. I think that I made a similar comment on the thread about LEDs.

Other than that Troy, great job! It's really starting to shape up!

Basically I havn't felt the need to lower them... honeslty never tried they don't leak that much light. They don't illuminate the floor or the front... and I can see through my tank... I might lower them some time later but I'm always in my tank don't want an accident to happen!

the light 'leak' is referring to the amount of stray light that is illuminating the walls, the drapes, the guinea pig, etc. By lowering the lights you'll focus the light where it belongs- in the tank.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Me and my tank!

001.jpg

New pictures.... I removed a few pounds of rock so I could clean around with the magenet.... hair algee is nearly gone... unfortanlty I had a issue with too much fresh and lost a clam and a few snails and a brain... BUT alot is left.... today my sick tang came up missing... anyway I think it past on cause the nitrates were high.. anyway heres some pictures...

133.jpg

One misbar and one perfect black and white clown.. got them from a wamas member for cheap! they host in a rbta....

132.jpg

Two cleaner shrimp fighting I tried to replace a lost pair with a new one and the fighting continues!

099.jpg

066.jpg

051.jpg

024.jpg

022.jpg

Lobo

013.jpg

Weird lps Not sure what it is? Anyone got a clue! The one next to it is a purple death paly!

006.jpg

Edited by gmubeach

Guess what I was looking around my tank and in a hole in the live rock I found some bones and yellow slime! My rose that the clowns are hostin in ate the yellow tang! How awesome he was sick anyway.... heres some new pictures of the broken bar or misbared clownfish in the anemonie also some new mushrooms...

006-1.jpg

041.jpg

He is only broken bar on one side his other side has a partial break.

Oh and for what its worth I love it when people comment on the tank both negative and positive please post away!

I love my tank its so much better then the nano.... the worst part about the tang was I didn't have any gloves and had to pick him up!

How bout an FTS without any obstructions... Also, IMO I would slow down the rate at which your stocking your tank, its a fairly new system thats getting a lot put into it quickly, could be the reason for the deaths as well..

Thanks for the advice I've already slowed down when I reliezed I had nitrates and the cheato wasn't growing... so I added a refugium light... The hair algee is all but gone and nothing has died for 8 days now:) Something was wrong with the tang it would only eat very little... anyway I found it in a hole under my rbta .... literally 3 centimeters from the rbta ... it was complelty stripped...I do have hermits but I doubt they clean it up that quickly....No new fish for a month:) Not even sure what kind of fish I want next...Any one have any fish suggests... I eventaully want a mandrin but I'm waiting a year for the pods to catch up...My biggest problem is that I travel alot so I have to teach people to watch my tank(that have no interest) 1.5 weeks ago my dad topped off my tank and it got down to 1.01 I lost a clam and a brain but everything else made it through. I'm teaching him how to use the refractometer ... The skimmer saved my tank! 1.5 weeks ago the temp in my room hit 89... that could also have been a cause... the same day I paniced when I found out the salt was so low and put salt direclty in the refugium it melted some of my macro. My tank is currenlty looking wonderful, I'm doing weekly water changes and waiting for the nitrates to drop from the tang. Trockafella is very right in that I'm moving way to fast...Got to be pacient in this hobby.

Current tank inhabitants

cucumber

2 bw clownfish

1 sixline wrasse

2 anomees rbta and gbta

2 skunk cleanrs

Snails hermits

Corals lps softies zoos mushrooms and palys

I have been telling you for a month to slow down. As soon as someone on wamas tells you you agree. I'm going to start pming people and asking them to tell you stuff now.

One word of caution I had hair algee so I took one of the smaller piece of live rock out and soaked it in lightless tapwater for 5 days.... its not green with some kind of colonizing algee all the rocks that were left in the tank are pink or purple with coralin....anyway the algee was caused from some ro/di water I purchased from a fish store.. oddly enough I havn't had problems with this fish store in 5 years... anyway I got my ro/di up and running again and its almost gone... my tank has finally cycled ... don't want to give people the wrong idea it was better to go slow, but I wanted to see how fast I could go ... 4-5 weeks old and the tank is perfect will post pictures friday

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

New fish

019.jpg[/img]

Troy glued a frag to a empty shell and a hermit decided he wanted to make it his new home.

021.jpg[/img]

The clowns are almost all black

030.jpg[/img]

Whole tank

055.jpg[/img]

Edited by firerbta

• 3 weeks later...

Citron clown goby hes about 3-4 inches I got him him from dave. Hes like a regular yellow clown goby but hes got blueish streaks .... dave's "person" not sure what the relationship is named him ranger and his name is still ranger.

• 2 weeks later...

****Updates**** my clown citron goby isn't doing well if anyones gots some feeding advice I'd be appreciative I tried brine shrimp, micro pellets, and green flakes... I can't figure out whats wrong as hes eating ... the rest of the fish are very healthy! Anyway I think it might be a parasite can someone recomend anything I can try?

These pictures were taken 6/30/2010 hope all is well with the forum and please feel free to comment!

Troysgradandtank236.jpg

look at that shimmer no metal halide here!

Troysgradandtank248.jpg

Troysgradandtank247.jpg

Troysgradandtank246.jpg

MR hanky! omg hes such a butt he covers all my frags!

Troysgradandtank245.jpg

blue ricordia!

Troysgradandtank244.jpg

full tank!

Troysgradandtank243.jpg

full tank with lighting

Troysgradandtank242.jpg

Troysgradandtank241.jpg

Troysgradandtank240.jpg

Troysgradandtank237.jpg

Troysgradandtank235.jpg

Troysgradandtank234.jpg

The black and whites clowns!

Troysgradandtank233.jpg

Troysgradandtank231.jpg

Troysgradandtank230.jpg

Blue xenia mad at me at the momment I just fragged it!

055.jpg