Crazy Fungia

reefhunter

Makes you think reading his post if people really did offer him the $3000 at first and then the $2000.... If multiple people truly offered him those amounts it should of changed hands IMO. Beautiful coral but I can't justify the price.

They are definitely different pieces. I doubt someone offered $2000 for it (the one on RC). She only paid $500 for it.

Edited by Gadgets

They are definitely different pieces. I doubt someone offered $2000 for it (the one on RC). She only paid $500 for it.

Shawn(Viva'sReef) paid +/- $700 for that plate...i actually wouldn't be at all surprised that someone offered $2000 for it..there's a lot of people on RC and there are definitely people that can afford that...he told me it wasn't worth selling it for less than what he originally asked which was 5k despite what he paid for it and i can understand why...i wouldn't sell it even for 5k..thats how much i love fungias...and that piece is truly one of a kind...

and if i had 2k to spare on a coral right now..it would be mine in a heartbeat..

Edited by DDiver

Shawn(Viva'sReef) paid +/- $700 for that plate...i actually wouldn't be at all surprised that someone offered $2000 for it..there's a lot of people on RC and there are definitely people that can afford that...he told me it wasn't worth selling it for less than what he originally asked which was 5k despite what he paid for it and i can understand why...i wouldn't sell it even for 5k..thats how much i love fungias...and that piece is truly one of a kind...

and if i had 2k to spare on a coral right now..it would be mine in a heartbeat..

Agreed. If I had $2000 laying around I would buy it. Who wouldn't.

She bought it from Fish and Frags. Originally, it was priced at $700 and then Matt dropped the price to $500. That's when he bought it. I'm not hating him on selling it for that. H-E-double hockey sticks, I sold some frags of My Miami and Crazy Fox for $1500 each and they were tiny frags. :)

+1

I was surprised she put it up for that much!

She also said she had a few people offer her $3000 for it before when she had it up for $5000.

I wondered why she didn't just pm them and say it is up for grabs. PROBABLY because no one offered her that much ;)

+1

I was surprised she put it up for that much!

She also said she had a few people offer her $3000 for it before when she had it up for $5000.

I wondered why she didn't just pm them and say it is up for grabs. PROBABLY because no one offered her that much ;)

I agree with that statement and kinda where I was trying to get at before...

don't know what the fuss is about- it's just a pink and blue fungia. I see no 'rainbow' of colors on it. looks like a 100 dollar coral that someone colored up and is now jacking it up.

If it's that rare keep it in the ocean.JMO. this kinda stuff gets out of control. it reminds me of panda trading or other rare animal's around the world that people pay stupid money for.. but I guess if you have that kind of dough.. what the heck! :laugh: