Gem Tangs and Conspiculatus angles available

johnnybv

Any one interested in these fish doesnt even need to ask how much, if you are interested let me know asap.

John

So will you take the deed to my house for those Gem tangs.

i think its alot harder to find a small 1.

+1 - And harder to catch I bet :)

I'd also want a younger one if I was spending that much money - that way I would have a good guestimate that it would live longer.

I've seen some nice Gems come in lately. I wish they were not so expensive :(

Huh? Don't get it? You meant to say if you get one, get it from BRK, right?

Jan, what I meants was why the bigger the fish the cheaper it is? For most of the case, the bigger the fish the more expensive it cost. Well, maybe Rocko and Sykrid is right. But Sykrid is right on abou the smaller the longer live and thus longer enjoyment.

Oh, :blush: , sorry. Why is this fish so expensive anyway? What's so special about it?

Jan, what I meants was why the bigger the fish the cheaper it is? For most of the case, the bigger the fish the more expensive it cost. Well, maybe Rocko and Sykrid is right. But Sykrid is right on abou the smaller the longer live and thus longer enjoyment.

Dell2go, Besides the reasons listed already, one big reason for the cost difference is that people want a juvenile because the juveniles or smaller sized fish adapt more readily to captive life than a full-sized adult.

Edited by Coral Hind

Conspic angels are found in a few different subtropical locations... the only place there is regular limited collection is in New Caledonia, where they are collected in very small numbers... large specimens are much easier to find, and with alot of the market for these being in Asia, those buyers are willing to pay high dollars for smaller specimens... most fish get more expensive as they get larger as you are basically paying their plane ticket, and freight goes by weight... but with these the smaller specimens adapt much better to captive life and a captive diet... large Chaetodontoplus angels are notoriously finicky eaters... so for those reasons you end up with the very rare upside down pricing structure you see with this species...

This is my little guy, from the same collector in New Caledonia (and a very good one) that Johnny at BRK gets from... one of the smallest ever brought into the US... and such a cute fish... just smaller than my car key when I got him... keep in mind these are a subtropical species... I keep mine between 68 and 72... this has been one of the Holy Grail angels for decades... :)

conspic.jpg

Copps

• 2 weeks later...