Calling all Vortech owners

steveoutlaw

I've currently got an MP40 running on my 60g cube and have it on the pulse setting. I'm curious to find out if others using Vortechs have found that their corals are happier (polyp extension and color) on one setting over another. Anybody noticed this?

I use the reef crest mode, but for no particular reason other than it (by the graph, at least) has a lot of randomness to it.

Thanks - I'm going to give it a shot......of course this probably means my anemone will move......AGAIN!!

Thankfully mine still hasn't moved in the last year. Mine seems to like it in the middle of the tank where there is flow, but less turbulent. Good luck with that. I love nem's and won't have a tank without one, but I'll be real bumbed if it takes a walk-about one of these days!

guess will try again and change from blue. last time is had it on any pulse modes, the wet side would fall off after about a month then it ate itself and had to be sent back. When it is on pulse or crest, I tend to find the wet side at the bottom of the tank. When it is on blue and then night mode it is alot more stable.

I like both in reef crest (yellow) but neither sync nor anti-sync. I figgue with either sync you can get as random as if they are independant of eachother.

guess will try again and change from blue. last time is had it on any pulse modes, the wet side would fall off after about a month then it ate itself and had to be sent back. When it is on pulse or crest, I tend to find the wet side at the bottom of the tank. When it is on blue and then night mode it is alot more stable.

How long ago did you get these?

There was a bad batch of impeller pins (for lack of the right word ;) ) about 6-8 months ago. I would call Steve at ecotech and he should take care of the issue for you. They shouldn't fall off for any reason.

I had the same problem. That is how I found out about the issue at all. Mine you, after about 5x of having to call them and talk about the issue.

I haven't had a problem since they sent me the new parts.

How long ago did you get these?

There was a bad batch of impeller pins (for lack of the right word ;) ) about 6-8 months ago. I would call Steve at ecotech and he should take care of the issue for you. They shouldn't fall off for any reason.

I had the same problem. That is how I found out about the issue at all. Mine you, after about 5x of having to call them and talk about the issue.

I haven't had a problem since they sent me the new parts.

Wasn't there also a magnet upgrade (a while back) for the reason that kngfisher mentions (wet sides falling)? You may want to talk to Steve about it while you've got him on the phone.

I started with mine on reef crest, but then I made this really cool 1" wave with short-pulse mode. I may have to go back to reef crest because of the sloshing noise!

Wasn't there also a magnet upgrade (a while back) for the reason that kngfisher mentions (wet sides falling)? You may want to talk to Steve about it while you've got him on the phone.

Not that I know of. I smoked the module on mine, so when I talk to him in the next day or two, I'll ask to see.

Funny, I guess I am the only one who likes the surgy motion of the slow mode.

I started with mine on reef crest, but then I made this really cool 1" wave with short-pulse mode. I may have to go back to reef crest because of the sloshing noise!

I do too, I'm just not sure my tank can handle the extra pressure! Being 6ft, it can get a pretty nice wave going.

I had mine turned up a little high at one point. I had to dial it back when I noticed a trickle of a salt trail down the front pane left because it was pushing water so high that it would splash over the Eurobracing.

Read about the Gen2 magnet upgrade (5/2008) here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1397086

I had mine turned up a little high at one point. I had to dial it back when I noticed a trickle of a salt trail down the front pane left because it was pushing water so high that it would splash over the Eurobracing.

Read about the Gen2 magnet upgrade (5/2008) here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1397086

LOL - yeah I had the same issue. It would crest so high that it would go over the side of the tank. I pushed my overflows down to lower the water, then tried it again. I didn't like the idea of it trying to push the sides of my tank though :p

Thanks for the link to the magnet. I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to ask Steve about it when I send my module in. I'm pretty sure mine was part of the latter series though.

LOL - yeah I had the same issue. It would crest so high that it would go over the side of the tank. I pushed my overflows down to lower the water, then tried it again. I didn't like the idea of it trying to push the sides of my tank though :p

Thanks for the link to the magnet. I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to ask Steve about it when I send my module in. I'm pretty sure mine was part of the latter series though.

When I had one pump, I preferred Lagoon (purple) mode because it kept the water moving more. Now that I have a pair, I run them on Reef Crest (yellow) and have liked that so far. I also have them set to do night mode, but it seems that every few weeks I have to reset it because it forgets or something.